Review Needed

ayube59

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I want to buy a new samsung smartphone. But I can not decide which brand should I buy. Galaxy S6 or S6 edge? Can anyone give best suggestion?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. The brand is Samsung. S6 and S6 Edge are models.

2. I wouldn't buy either - both of them violate 2 of my deal breakers, removable battery and external SD card. The Edge breaks the 3rd one - no Otterbox Defender.

What is it you need that a different phone won't do for you?

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the S6 didn't care for the feel of the Edge but am very happy with the S6. There are alot of reviews here. I would suggest going to a store and looking at both. This is a great phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
1. The brand is Samsung. S6 and S6 Edge are models.

2. I wouldn't buy either - both of them violate 2 of my deal breakers, removable battery and external SD card. The Edge breaks the 3rd one - no Otterbox Defender.

What is it you need that a different phone won't do for you?
I agree that there are plenty of choices but the OP appears to be trying to make a decision between the two models. We part company over the replaceable battery and card slot. It would appear that Samsung being the largest Android brand name is trending away from both and while being hammered by a small but vocal minority has received high marks from others for the much needed, not radical enough departure from the faux metal trim and plastic backs. Even the rumors about the GN5 suggest no removable back and possibly no card slot. Since my first smartphone in 2006, I have never seen a battery or card swapped ever, not at work, nor airports, hotels or restaurants and stores. I was one of the legion of those who wanted both but I have evolved to the point that I don't miss either. There are so many storage choices such as cloud storage or external hard drives. These are just my thoughts. If these features are important and critical to you, great for you and I am happy that they work for you. I mean this sincerely.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I want to buy a new samsung smartphone. But I can not decide which brand should I buy. Galaxy S6 or S6 edge? Can anyone give best suggestion?
The best suggestion has already been posted. Go into a store and try each one for yourself.

Hope the following helps.

Does the Edge functionality and appearance as well as slightly larger battery do enough to persuade you to pay the premium price over the regular GS6? For the price of the base GS6E, you can get the 64GB GS6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz