Why does my S6 audio streaming Stops/Starts randomly?

Ken98045

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
S6 Audio Streaming Stops/Starts Randomly

I've been having the same problem with 3 different audiobook players on the S6. These include Overdrive, Audible, and Smart Audiobook Player. All 3 behave identically. Tech support for Overdrive and Audible are at a loss.

First, audio pauses randomly over a period of 5 minutes to 1 hour. Second, the audio paused by this bug and/or manually paused will magically start playing over a period of 1 hour to 8 hours. This is very annoying when it happens at 3:00am.

I wiped my phone and reinstalled from a backup. Things worked fine for a few days. The problem then came back.

I got a new phone from Verizon warranty. For the first 4 weeks things worked fine. Then, suddenly the problem came back. I wiped the phone. The problem went away (I think - it's only been a day).

Anyone having similar problems? I can't see wiping my phone once every week or two indefinitely.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: S6 Audio Streaming Stops/Starts Randomly

If you're talking about over Bluetooth, I have the same problem. I also had that problem with my S5. Haven't been able to find a solution. It's VERY annoying and I wish Samsung would fix it. It happens with music too. Maybe the next update will fix it, but I doubt it.

dgh1981

May 22, 2015
Visit site

Do you happen to have the Comcast xfinity connect app installed? It did the same thing to my s6. Uninstalled and issue gone. The app has a voip feature that was probably interfering somehow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I do have that installed, and now that I think about it, I started having the problem again shortly after setting the app back up. It's been installed since I got the phone but I hadn't logged back in. I'll try that. Thanks man!

dgh1981

May 22, 2015
Visit site

You're welcome! It drove me nuts! Tweeted Comcast about it and they didn't respond. Typical! Hope the fix works for you too!

Tim Caldwell

May 13, 2015
Visit site

I have the exact same issue ... I reported it here about a month ago.. I also have the COMCAST App installed ... I'll send a bug report to COMCAST from Google Play. Thanks for identifying that as the probable culprit. This had been driving me nuts. It is so unpredictable whether music or a podcast plays without STOPPING

update: In my case, it is not just streaming, but just playing music or podcasts that have been loaded into my phone.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

That fix worked. I'm so happy to be rid of that problem. They need to fix that. Guess I'll submit a bug report too

absolutelycool2016

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, and have tried restoring the phone, but the problem returns. As a consequence, I find myself using my iPad pro more for streaming music than I care to. I think, even though I really like this phone, I may return it to my carrier and get another note 5.

AntonioFrey

May 29, 2016
Visit site

I've been having the same problem with 3 different audiobook players on the S6. These include Overdrive, Audible, and Smart Audiobook Player. All 3 behave identically. Tech support for Overdrive and Audible are at a loss.

First, audio pauses randomly over a period of 5 minutes to 1 hour. Second, the audio paused by this bug and/or manually paused will magically start playing over a period of 1 hour to 8 hours. This is very annoying when it happens at 3:00am.

I wiped my phone and reinstalled from a backup. Things worked fine for a few days. The problem then came back.

I got a new phone from Verizon warranty. For the first 4 weeks things worked fine. Then, suddenly the problem came back. I wiped the phone. The problem went away (I think - it's only been a day).

Anyone having similar problems? I can't see wiping my phone once every week or two indefinitely.
=====
Regarding all kinds of streaming problems and also GPS activity tracking problems, such as with RunKeeper or Runtastic, simply disable power saving mode or set activation threshold to a lower battery % and your problems should go away. Those problems started to me after Android Marshmallow update. I hope it will help.

Last edited:

dlman66

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I have an S6 active that just got the Marshmallow update and to the best of my knowledge, that is when my problems started. I don't have Power Savings mode turned on so I don't think that is the issue. AT&T issues an update this morning, but that doesn't seem to have solved it either. I have XFINITY apps installed, but don't have XFINITY Connect installed. Should I uninstall the other XFINITY apps? Any other suggestions?

sky christensen

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site

Do you happen to have the Comcast xfinity connect app installed? It did the same thing to my s6. Uninstalled and issue gone. The app has a voip feature that was probably interfering somehow.

I had the same problem. Mine would be about every minute and a half. And would restart randomly. Immediately app uninstalling the Xfinity Connect app. The audiobook resumed playing. thank you.

mercamax

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Try this:
  • Settings
  • Device Maintenance
  • Battery
  • Scroll down to "Whitout Supervision"
  • Add Application
  • Select the app with problems
  • Done

The names above could vary because I've them in another language. The idea is to tell the the software to not "optimize" those specific apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol