email question on s6 active

ragin_cajuns

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
after many many years of using multiple iphones i finally switched over to android. i swapped my iphone 6 for an s6 active. for years i have had the same 2 email addresses (one yahoo mail and one gmail). over the years i would get a few spam messages a day delivered to both accounts and it isn't that big a deal to delete them. sometimes i get legitimate emails that get delivered to spam fodlers so i was ok with having to look at the spam folder once a day.

i switched over to the s6 active, added both my yahoo and gmail acct and i haven't rec'd one spam message to either one yet. it has been over a week. what has caused that to happen and how can i go back to how it was on my iphone where the spam was delivered? i didn't change any settings that impact spam delivery as far as i know.

thanks,

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you use the gmail and yahoo apps to sync your mail you should be able to still see your spam folders. If your using the built in email client though it won't sync your spam folder i don't think. You can also see if it is syncing those specific folders though because most times I have set it up using the built in email client it won't unless you tell it to.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Spam is filtered at the server, before it is sent to your phone. So changing phones or using a different email app shouldn't matter.

Take a look at your accounts online using the webmail interface and see if there's any spam there that should be in the spam folder on your phone. If there's really spam !missing on the phone check your Sync settings.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay