Hello, I am a new android user as I recently upgraded my phone to my first smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy s6, on Sunday. I have a concern regarding a message that I received while I was texting my friend (out of state/just started texting today) that messages had stopped working.

I cleared cache from both my apps and the Samsung Galaxy using applicaiton manager in settings, then rebooted; it works fine now, but I was wondering why I received this error message? Also, after reboot, my phone started searching for GPS? I am wondering why that is as well. I am just concerned with why I received these messages because I just upgraded my phone on Sunday and haven't done anything to it besides download social media apps, text, browse, and add music onto it.

Can someone tell me what are the causes of these messages and if they are severe? My parents would be irritated if something was going on with my phone when I just got it.
    07-07-2015 10:15 AM
    The messages you are receiving, are they messages like the app needs to be forced closed like it isn't responding or something else?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2015 10:21 AM
    The message regarding the messages app was: "Unfortunately, messages has stopped working."
    The other message popped up on my lock screen after reboot and plugging into my laptop for charging: "Phone is searching for GPS."

I suppose the messages app was that it stopped responding, but I'm not quite sure. I'm just flustered considering I got this phone two days ago and haven't dropped or done anything to it.
    07-07-2015 10:26 AM
    Little issues like that occasionally pop up on Android, if messages stops working I would try to force stop it and if the problem persists I would check it out.
    If it said searching for gps right after you turned it on, that is most likely normal because it has to find where it is after being turned off.

07-07-2015 10:30 AM
    Sounds good. It concerned me that some threads said that Samsung recommended sending it in to get it checked out if you received that message, but it seems to be an error that pops up throughout all the versions of these phones. Though it is a small issue, do you know the reason behind messages stopped working or is it similar to when a program stops working on a laptop?

Alright, it never did that before so I was just curious.
    07-07-2015 10:33 AM
    I hope the problem doesn't persist, if it does I would definitely contact Samsung, if not, enjoy your new smartphone!

07-07-2015 10:39 AM