Cell standby mystery solved

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I think I've solved the cell standby mystery. I've been on battery for over 4 hours with normal weekday usage patterns and today cell standby is nowhere on the list of battery usage. Normally by this time I'm down to about 75 percent battery but today I am still at 91 percent.

What I did different today from every other work day since I've owned the GS6 is that I turned off WiFi at work. What this is telling me is that cell standby means standby and draw power when WiFi is on. I had selected WiFi off when sleeping but I don't think that matters. It still keeps cell standby on when WiFi is sleeping.

I realize for some turning off WiFi completely may not be an option buy I'm a very low data user and I certainly don't use over 50 percent of my monthly 2.5 gb data allowance unless my daughter takes my phone and starts watching YouTube videos when I'm driving.

For those with cell standby out of control try turning off your WiFi completely.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Try this too... change your location settings to GPS only.. I am on WiFi all the time at home but am inside buildings around heavy equipment and loose coverage a lot.. I went from seeing 10-20% cell standby time to a little over 1.1% in a day per hour.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't use location at all unless I'm setting up something like a weather widget. I've had cell standby use as much as 37 percent of my battery during the 9 to 10 hours I spend at work each weekday. I'm positive that by the time I get home today I will have at least 75 percent of my battery remaining when normally I'd only have 30 to 40 percent left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze