Did parallax effect (floating background) got removed?

jlcame

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi there.
Can someone with an S6 (flat), give some feedback on this question?
I updated my firmware this morning and gave the phone to my son so he can play with it, and he dropped it...
It wasn't a big deal, it fell maybe 2 feet into a carpet. But the thing is, the background was still, there is no more parallax effect, even after reboot, and i've notice this right now at night. And i don't know if this was caused by the fall or it was removed due to the update.
Thank you very much.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
If it was an update then you might be on 5.1.1. If you are then the option must just be turned off, you can turn it on again by holding down on an empty space in your home screen and selection wallpaper.

Posted with my shiny s6

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A few things. First, the firmware update may have added the ability to turn of the scroll effect. Go set a wallpaper and see if the setting is there. Second, don't give your phone to your son. Buy him a cheap tablet or give him your last gen phone to destroy. ;)
Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 3.36.56 PM.png

jlcame

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Oh. Very nice add from Samsung, i was hopping to turn it off the day i bought the S6 but i couldn't! After a few days i got used to it and kind of like it. So much relief knowing it was no damage.
My son loves taking (good) pictures and making movies, so he uses my phone since this camera is better than my point and shoot 12mp one.
I think ill buy him a nice real camera for his birthday (so he can leave my phone alone :p). His 8 by the way.
Thank you, much love.

Last edited:

eddie20850

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Is this parallax why pictures zoom when setting as wallpaper? Also how do I set weather as my lockscreen? It doesn't show when I view stock wallpapers to choose.

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Yes, I'm using a Samsung S6 and the parallax 3D effect disappeared after upgrade lollipop 5.0.2 to 5.1.1.

There is a way to fix this issue now :

There is another way to get back the parallax 3D effect.
Go to your google store and search for "3D parallax background."

After you install this app, you must search in the settings and activate parallax. There is also a way to set the way how fast icons can move over your screen.

It works now here on my phone. You can choose a background from the app itself, or you can select your own background wallpaper.
Note that the app is not free to use. It costs 1,16€ but it works.

Good luck. It works great now!

David

Posted via the Android Central App

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
More news here :

Android lollipop brought a new update today with a fix for parallax 3D effect.
It works again on my phone. Just be patient until you receive the message for a new update.

Regards
David

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy