Hi,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S6, and overall I am quite happy with it.

There is one thing though that is bugging me, that worked much better with my old Galaxy Note. And that is the locking mechanism. With my old phone, I used an app called "No lock", so that I easily could disable the locking when I wanted to. I used it all the time when I felt that I didn't have to worry about anyone nearby using my phone without my permission. And with the locking disabled, getting access to my phone was dead easy. No pin code, no fingerprint, no swiping. Just one press on the home or power button and I'm in.

With my S6 though, this "No lock" app doesn't work, and I haven't found a replacement app that works either. So, I'm looking for some alternative solution, if one exists.

The options I know of right now are:

1. Manually go though the settings menu and change between fingerprint and swipe each time. Too labour intensive.
    2. Using an NFC tag as a trusted device. Seems to need a physical "tap" with the tag on the phone each time.
    3. Using some Bluetooth device as a trusted device. Requires an additional device, that needs battery replacement or recharging. And constant bluetooth causes battery drain on phone.
    4. Using "On-body detection". Not an option, since I often have my phone lying on the table.
    5. Setting "Lock automatically" to 30 minutes (max time allowed) and disable "Lock instantly with power key". 30 minutes is not enough, and out-of-the-box these settings make it impossible to quickly lock the screen when needed.

Currently I'm trying out the last option, since it seems to be the closest to what I want. And the problem with not having a quick way to lock the screen was solved by a third party app called Lock Screen by lovekara. Now I can press the power button to quickly turn off the screen without it locking (within 30 minutes), and if I want to lock the phone I use the Lock Screen app (it has a floating widget on the home screen, one tap, and the screen turns off and locks). Now, if only it was possible to set it to much longer then 30 minutes (preferably "Never", but maybe 8 hours at least), then it would be pretty much perfect for me. Because I want to be able to use the phone quickly even several hours into the night, when I am dead tired and just want to set/change the alarm or whatever. Depending on the angle of the phone, or how dark it is in the room, I might not be able to easily put any of the "fingerprint fingers" on the home button.

What are your thoughts? Is there something that I have missed regarding the options above, or some other setting or third party software? I am not willing install a custom ROM, and would strongly prefer not having to root my phone.

Regards
    /J
    07-08-2015 04:22 AM
    You may just go to your regular settings > Lock screen and security > Screen Lock type> Select "NONE"
    07-08-2015 04:31 AM
    You may just go to your regular settings > Lock screen and security > Screen Lock type> Select "NONE"
    OK, I missed that option "NONE" in that menu. But it is still too labour intensive to perform this switch. Note that I'm not asking if it is possible to have the phone in this "NONE" mode. I'm asking if it is possible to quickly switch back and forth between "NONE" and "fingerprint" without having to go thrue about 5 "clicks" plus a fingerprint reading each time.
    07-08-2015 04:39 AM
    Cant think of any ways beside using the smart lock function. Though i understand your concern about the quick switching back and forth.

I also want a fingerprint lock once im in the office and NONE when im at home.

No idea if any 3rd party app can provide a lock type profile changer or something.
    07-08-2015 04:47 AM
    Anyone here with enough technical knowledge about the Android API that can tell me if it is even possible to write an App that solves this problem? Ie either an app that can switch between the two security options "fingerprint" and "None", or an app that somehow can prevent the screen from locking (without preventing the screen from turning off).
    07-08-2015 05:44 AM