Over the past month or so, a few people that I was talking to at the time complained about the call quality.
    One call was to a land line and the others were fellow AT&T subscribers. I have used many different brands of smartphones and I wonder if my S6 might has a call quality issue? In all cases, I was able to hear the other person fine.
    I was not underground or in a garage or office building during these times.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    07-08-2015 01:53 PM
    Over the past month or so, a few people that I was talking to at the time complained about the call quality.
    One call was to a land line and the others were fellow AT&T subscribers. I have used many different brands of smartphones and I wonder if my S6 might has a call quality issue? In all cases, I was able to hear the other person fine.

-Rich
    Yeah switch on the extrs volume volume.. It sucks mostly idk whethr they use the top microphone or the bottom one at first i guess the top one!! When i press the button the person on the othr end got to hear me better!! Try it out!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-08-2015 01:56 PM
    Extra volume button*

07-08-2015 01:57 PM

-Rich
    I also have the same issue And I have contacted my seller to look into this, now he has forwarded the case to manufacturer(Samsung). I am yet to hear back from them.
    07-12-2015 10:56 AM
    Today is my first day with the S6 Edge, and first impressions coming from an HTC One M7 is that the call quality is kinda poor. Callers have already commented how I sound worse than my last phone and whether I was talking on a Bluetooth headset. I picked up my old S2 a few months ago as a spare a and the call quality on the S6 is similar to that - a little muffled, lacking clarity and depth. The M7 is HD quality in comparison! It could get louder too. I guess the speaker and mic in my old phone were just superior :/

I really love the screen on this - the sharpness and colour are just insane - and the camera is darn good. Fast charging and overall speed are impressive. I guess you can't have it all but seriously, making quality calls should be an essential feature in any modern smartphone. I feel like I've gone back 4 years.

I do miss the dual speakers too but the curved screen and camera are tradeoffs I guess. I hope HTC are around for the M10, the M7 was a quality device that I rarely rebooted because it just ran really well. I'm hoping the S6 software lives up after months of use

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    07-31-2015 09:11 PM
    My S6 is OK.
    I used many phone and those phone are all not bad for having a call.
    but i think HTC is better than Samsung Phone...
    Bassbiker likes this.
    07-31-2015 09:46 PM
    Try toggling VoLTE.

07-31-2015 10:59 PM
    Today is my first day with the S6 Edge, and first impressions coming from an HTC One M7 is that the call quality is kinda poor. Callers have already commented how I sound worse than my last phone and whether I was talking on a Bluetooth headset. I picked up my old S2 a few months ago as a spare a and the call quality on the S6 is similar to that - a little muffled, lacking clarity and depth. The M7 is HD quality in comparison! It could get louder too. I guess the speaker and mic in my old phone were just superior :/

I really love the screen on this - the sharpness and colour are just insane - and the camera is darn good. Fast charging and overall speed are impressive. I guess you can't have it all but seriously, making quality calls should be an essential feature in any modern smartphone. I feel like I've gone back 4 years.

I do miss the dual speakers too but the curved screen and camera are tradeoffs I guess. I hope HTC are around for the M10, the M7 was a quality device that I rarely rebooted because it just ran really well. I'm hoping the S6 software lives up after months of use

I agree, M7 was my dream phone I miss it heaps, but the S6 is still an amazing device best display and Camera , better battery life.

The Samsung antennas seem worse on my device. External speaker and call quality are also pretty mediocre. The headphone audio actually sounds better to be than HTC.

It's definitely a big upgrade from the M7, but the M7 is still my favourite phone of all time.

dreaming of electric sheep
    08-01-2015 06:05 AM
    I agree, M7 was my dream phone I miss it heaps, but the S6 is still an amazing device best display and Camera , better battery life.

The Samsung antennas seem worse on my device. External speaker and call quality are also pretty mediocre. The headphone audio actually sounds better to be than HTC.

It's definitely a big upgrade from the M7, but the M7 is still my favourite phone of all time.

My home button stopped responding today. I had to do a restart. I hope it was a one off. What I loved about Sense is that not only was it fast but I went months on end without rebooting the phone. I don't want to manage caches and things. It should manage itself. Overall, initial impressions are very positive with the Edge so far

And yes, the reception doesn't seem to be as strong but it's difficult for me to judge because I changed networks as well as changed phone

08-01-2015 07:22 AM
    My home button stopped responding today. I had to do a restart. I hope it was a one off. What I loved about Sense is that not only was it fast but I went months on end without rebooting the phone. I don't want to manage caches and things. It should manage itself. Overall, initial impressions are very positive with the Edge so far

And yes, the reception doesn't seem to be as strong but it's difficult for me to judge because I changed networks as well as changed phone

I was a huge sense fan, I only lasted 2hrs with touchwiz before I installed Nova prime. I also found a dark theme from the Samsung theme store called 'old time' which is pretty suave. To keep things smooth and suave, i highly recommend Nova Prime (customization, gestures and tesla unread badges) and CCleaner app (clears all app cache in 30sec). Also just close apps when you're not using them.

I know exactly what you're going through, it's kind of like three steps forward one step back. I never had to worry about any of this with HTC sense. Still it's S6 is awesome just not perfect.

08-01-2015 10:43 AM

-Rich
    I think this is to do with S6.. I have S6 edge(before that I had S6) they are great phones in every way except for call quality.. I had same problem with Note 4 too( so to me it seems more like exynos chipset problem). just because of call quality I'm thinking to selling S6 edge but not sure which one I should pick. as I'm coming from Note 4 -> Nexus 6 -> M9 -> G4 -> S6 -> S6 edge. In my opinion HTC phones sounds great they are loud and clear.
    But I had little problem or no problem with LG G4 either.. I'm asking myself should I try Note 5 will it have great call sound quality?
    08-27-2015 11:33 AM
    I think this is to do with S6.. I have S6 edge(before that I had S6) they are great phones in every way except for call quality.. I had same problem with Note 4 too( so to me it seems more like exynos chipset problem). just because of call quality I'm thinking to selling S6 edge but not sure which one I should pick. as I'm coming from Note 4 -> Nexus 6 -> M9 -> G4 -> S6 -> S6 edge. In my opinion HTC phones sounds great they are loud and clear.
    But I had little problem or no problem with LG G4 either.. I'm asking myself should I try Note 5 will it have great call sound quality?
    11-07-2015 03:43 AM
    The call quality on the note 5 is terrible coming from the M9. Before the M9 I had the M7, the call quality of the note 5 is worse than the M7. The first voice conversation I had on the M9 I felt the superior voice qualify. The sound was crisp, solid and extremely clear. Even WhatsApp and viber calls were outsanding, the sound quality never changed, I thought the mobile company and my internet provided got much better suddenly, which wasnt the case, it was just how superior was the M9 in the call/voice quality department. I like the note 5 but I just don't like voice conversations on it, it makes me forget about the gorgeous display and camera and pushes me.to go back to HTC before the M10 is out. Ideas to get the A9 have already started. So Samsung is like a pretty girl, the moment she opens her mouth she becomes ugly!!!
    11-07-2015 03:51 AM