If anyone's gs6 is laggy after 5.1.1 update...

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Try changing the mobile settings network mode from 'automatic' to 'CDMA/LTE'. Someone suggested this in xda forums telling that it wud save battery. Not only I think it does, it also solves the lag issues/stuttering issues I've been getting since the update

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! Is the stuttering that you mention primarily while watching videos? I've seen a few complaints crop up about stuttering videos, or audio becoming unsynced from video.

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! Is the stuttering that you mention primarily while watching videos? I've seen a few complaints crop up about stuttering videos, or audio becoming unsynced from video.

No I was talking out the performance in general. Scrolling, homebutton and such, but don't know about video and audio

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No I was talking out the performance in general. Scrolling, homebutton and such, but don't know about video and audio

After every update it's recommended to do a Wipe cache Partition on recovery mode, just because of possible things like this and in major updates a Full factory reset, have you done at least the Wipe cache Partition?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I assume you're on Verizon or Sprint (both the only CDMA carriers in the US).
You would not want to do that with an AT&T or T-Mobile phone, but you wouldn't be able to either as the CDMA option wouldn't even show up.

:)
Fred

Try changing the mobile settings network mode from 'automatic' to 'CDMA/LTE'. Someone suggested this in xda forums telling that it wud save battery. Not only I think it does, it also solves the lag issues/stuttering issues I've been getting since the update

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
After every update it's recommended to do a Wipe cache Partition on recovery mode, just because of possible things like this and in major updates a Full factory reset, have you done at least the Wipe cache Partition?

Come to think about it, no I havent done a wipe cache partition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12