AT&T Update 7/9

SDKevin

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what it changed but I have a wish list with just a three things on it:

1. Battery life improvement.
2. Constant over heating.
3. Lag and latency.

After spending almost $2,000 on two of these things I have to say they have been a bit of a disappointment. Battery gone in half a day and sometimes run so hot it's uncomfortable to touch.

Posted via the Android Central App

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

3. Lag and latency.

After spending almost $2,000 on two of these things I have to say they have been a bit of a disappointment. Battery gone in half a day and sometimes run so hot it's uncomfortable to touch.

You spent 2 grand on two phones......

JimFromIL

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There are no "critical" updates with this push. No 5.1.x upgrade, which I was hoping for. The changes are listed elsewhere in this thread.:(

dgroff

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that my phone won't auto rotate on Chrome or the gallery. The camera rotates just fine though. Is there a setting to turn on or off the screen rotation? I can't find one but every phone I have had in the past had a setting for this.

Gio Lungaro

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I have been one of the people experiencing the huge ram release problem and frequent chrome and app crashes on my S6 edge. I got the update last night in Chicago, and no lie, I've noticed a radical change in performance. The speed is smooth and seamless as it should have been since day one with all this ram. Chrome has not crashed once, previously it would crash every hour or so. So I am thinking this is the fix we've been waiting for. As for complaints on battery life, I don't see an issue. It lasts marginally longer than my S5 and with quick charge and wireless Qi puck, I'm never out of battery. Only over heating I experience is during charging or if in pocket for long time which is expected with any phone.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Theme store is definitely different. Tabs at the top with more of an app store feel. (maybe that was a separate update, I don't know for sure)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone on AT&T that hasn't gotten the minor update from last week? I am wondering if that's the holdup.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone on AT&T that hasn't gotten the minor update from last week? I am wondering if that's the holdup.

I just checked my S6 for an available update. It said there were none available, then it told me I could check again in 145 hours instead of the usual 24. Anybody know what gives??

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Swipe down to see your notification panel. There you will see an "edit" button at the top right next to the Setting menu button. Click on the Edit button. You will see two different sections (top/bottom). You should find an icon labeled Screen Rotation. Drag that up into the top section and click Done. Then when you drag down on your notifications, you will see all your quick settings at the top, including the Screen Rotation. If you can't see it just swipe left on the icons to see the others in your list.

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Got the update 3 days ago, I was not looking for it, it just popped up that there was an update. My battery life now sucks. I have samsung syncadapt 23% and cloud data around 10% and I can't shut them off the usual way. Anyone else having battery issues. Before update I had great batt life.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Got the update 3 days ago, I was not looking for it, it just popped up that there was an update. My battery life now sucks. I have samsung syncadapt 23% and cloud data around 10% and I can't shut them off the usual way. Anyone else having battery issues. Before update I had great batt life.

Clear the cache partition.

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

3. Lag and latency.

You have defective devices bring them back or get a replacement for free, I've had got one replacement the first device I got had the rotate issues horrible battery life like half a day use with 2 to 3 his screen time and got so hot I had to put it down that was within few days lucky my 14 days was the last day, cause I got a new device with great battery life 6.5 to 8.5 screen on time with 20-24 hours usage. No issues at all including lag or performance and this camera is a best even though I have the so called dreaded isocell sensor

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Cleared cache and they still increased in %. I went and forced stopped both. Not sure what they did.

I've noticed sometimes after a update you need to factory or hard reset your phone. It's a hassle but it is now very easy to get all your stuff back and settings quick and easy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781