AT&T Update 7/9

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Seriously man, AT&T is being so slow nowadays

Software update testing and what little development they do themselves (adding AT&T apps, etc) cost AT&T money and manpower but AT&T does not make money off of software updates. That pretty much adds up to slow updates. I'm guessing they've made some pretty big cuts to the teams that do all that seeing as updates from AT&T are pretty much the slowest of the big 4 now.

5.1.1 does not fix much, by most accounts, anyway.

sp2pilot

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Anybody figure out what the update includes?
I just got a notification for a software update on my S6, through Verizon though. I declined, have not installed it yet.

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Anybody figure out what the update includes?
I just got a notification for a software update on my S6, through Verizon though. I declined, have not installed it yet.

Someon posted earlier:

"Find My Mobile and Reactivation Lock enhancements
Android OS security enhancements"

I am hoping they can get the "Find My Mobile" stuff to actually work now. I have tried to unlock my phone twice via the "Find My Mobile" website it fails each and every time.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Try 7/12

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Tried that. I'm up to 7/14 and still nothing. I my previous phone, GS4, once you go down that road of changing the date, you can't go back. I had to keep moving it up months and then years in order to check for an update. I hate Samsung for restricting how many times you can check for updates. On my Moto X 2014 I could check as many times as I wanted.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Tried that. I'm up to 7/14 and still nothing. I my previous phone, GS4, once you go down that road of changing the date, you can't go back. I had to keep moving it up months and then years in order to check for an update. I hate Samsung for restricting how many times you can check for updates. On my Moto X 2014 I could check as many times as I wanted.

It's AT&T that restricts it to once every 24 hours. They likely do this since updates are a slow roll out based on serial number so if you checked and didn't get the update today then there is no point in checking until at least the next day. It goes out in batches so if you check it today and it says no then checking 20 more times today won't change anything; you simply aren't in that batch and there is no changing that. It cuts down the server load and stress for Google or AT&T or whomever has the servers the update is pulled from.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It's not Samsung, its AT&T. They restrict it to 24 hours so everyone isn't mashing the "check for update" button a million times a day, clogging the system.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It's not Samsung, its AT&T. They restrict it to 24 hours so everyone isn't mashing the "check for update" button a million times a day, clogging the system.

Posted via the Android Central App

Makes sense but why could I do just that on the Moto X 2014 with AT&T?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois