07-17-2015 02:10 PM
38 12
tools
    @erasat ... Thank you VERY much for the info on the beta group for Nova & Tesla.

I just joined the beta groups for Nova & Tesla Unread ... I also downloaded the TU beta, and the unread count on my Samsung email app is working perfectly now.
    New to Nova. How will the beta version affect my backups? Can I revert back to download version? Will updated Play Store overwrite the beta?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-14-2015 11:21 AM
    New to Nova. How will the beta version affect my backups? Can I revert back to download version? Will updated Play Store overwrite the beta?

The beta versions just install over the current version you have ... it's not a separate app from the most recent "final" version on the play store.

Just download the APK, put it on your phone (if you downloaded it from a PC) ... then click on it, choose to install w/ the android package installer... tell it to overwrite your existing app, and then you're done.

Being that this is just the Tesla Unread plugin, there are no backups to worry about. This is just on/off switches for notification badges. My advice ... just do what I said above to install it, and rock on ...
    07-14-2015 11:31 AM
    If you pay for Nova Prime, how long is the license? Does the license transfer to another device?

07-15-2015 11:58 AM
    If you pay for Nova Prime, how long is the license? Does the license transfer to another device?

Most Apps Purchases (to not say all of them, simply because I don't know if it's true or not) are linked to your Google account not the device, so no matter the device you have at the moment, it will be there for you to install it. For how long? for as long as the app exist, I don't think they can change App policies that affects a previously purchased app, example of this is Watchmaker app for my Android Wear, I bought it when it was $1.99 for full features, now they changed the app to something like $5 to have full features and even when if I go to the Play Store it doesn't show the app as purchased, their free version now MUST provide me the full features I paid for, obviously if I pay now for the full version it will provide me the additional features I may be missing.
    jcp007 likes this.
    07-15-2015 12:22 PM
    What app are you using to manage your account?
    07-15-2015 01:38 PM
    Tesla Unread update available. Hopefully, the badge for non-Gmail accounts bug has been fixed.

07-16-2015 02:59 PM
    The unread badge count appears to have been fixed.

07-16-2015 03:35 PM
    Can you have too many backups? I am up to seven that I named based upon the icon pack.
    07-17-2015 06:32 AM
    Can you have too many backups? I am up to seven that I named based upon the icon pack.
    I don't think there's a limit for that. You can create as many backups as you want. This is great if you want to go back to a previous setup and even better if you want to use it in a different device.
    07-17-2015 06:42 AM
    I don't think there's a limit for that. You can create as many backups as you want. This is great if you want to go back to a previous setup and even better if you want to use it in a different device.
    Does it not incrementally add to resources needed by Nova?

07-17-2015 08:55 AM

I don't think so. They are just files ready to be used if you need them but it shouldn't affect resources or peformance, just a tiny bit of space in your phone. I'll take a look but I shouldn't worry about that.
    jcp007 likes this.
    07-17-2015 09:00 AM

All the backups are, is a "text" document so to speak ... it's just keeping a list of all the launcher settings, and references to your icon packs, and/or images used for backgrounds, custom icons, etc. And as stated, Nova is not using them for anything at all unless called upon to read those settings so it can "revert" back to that setup.
    jcp007 likes this.
    07-17-2015 12:42 PM
    All the backups are, is a "text" document so to speak ... it's just keeping a list of all the launcher settings, and references to your icon packs, and/or images used for backgrounds, custom icons, etc. And as stated, Nova is not using them for anything at all unless called upon to read those settings so it can "revert" back to that setup.
    I guess that I was looking at it from the perspective of the more backups that you add, the larger the app gets. Having to be ready to restore the backup, I was thinking something is being cached.

07-17-2015 02:10 PM
38 12