I charge my phones overnight with the power off. My old phone,an HTC DNA, had to be precisely placed in the same counterintuitive position (up and to the left) for the Nokia DT-900 white charging light to blink and DNA green fully charged light to go off at 100%. The phone would no longer charge and therefore cool down.

Unfortunately, I now wake up with my S6 charging light on as well as the constant white charging light on the DT-900. Has anybody found an exact alignment that allows for the charger and phone to stop charging at 100% and have the indicator lights work properly?

The S6 doesn't get nearly as hot as the DNA on constant charge. However, I figure it would be a little better if the charger just shut off when done.
    07-10-2015 02:25 PM
    The indicator light is showing that the coils are aligned. The battery stops charging when it's fully charged. Evidently in the DNA, the Qi receiver was turned off when the battery was fully charged, so the receiver coil didn't draw current, so the charger couldn't see it - that's not the usual way it's done.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-11-2015 10:20 PM
    The indicator light is showing that the coils are aligned. The battery stops charging when it's fully charged. Evidently in the DNA, the Qi receiver was turned off when the battery was fully charged, so the receiver coil didn't draw current, so the charger couldn't see it - that's not the usual way it's done.
    Actually, when correctly aligned, the DNA and DT-900 acted just how the Nokia charger's directions explained they should.
    07-12-2015 09:34 PM
    Actually, when correctly aligned, the DNA and DT-900 acted just how the Nokia charger's directions explained they should.
    Of course, all of that changed when it updated to Kit Kat...
    07-13-2015 02:22 PM
    I have no problem using my DT-900. I keep it centered side to side and push it slightly up from the bottom. It also works fine if I lay it perpendicular.
    When the phone is fully charged, the green LED comes on, on the phone, and the white LED on the DT-900 goes out.
    07-13-2015 08:08 PM
    I have no problem using my DT-900. I keep it centered side to side and push it slightly up from the bottom. It also works fine if I lay it perpendicular.
    When the phone is fully charged, the green LED comes on, on the phone, and the white LED on the DT-900 goes out.
    Do you charge it in a case? Maybe that's the problem for me. When mine is fully charged the green LED comes on but the DT-900's white light stays on. I was under the impression that the white light is supposed to start blinking and the green light should go off.

Maybe I'll try another DT-900. I have a couple extra from the Microsoft sale. I bought in case I needed them in various locations. I was fearing terrible battery life after reading these boards!
    07-14-2015 10:16 AM
    Yes, I leave it in the case. I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid case.
    The white LED always went out for me, even with the Nokia phones I used on it. Does the same on my DT-910 as well.
    07-14-2015 06:50 PM
    Powered off last night and left phone in its Obliq Skyline Advance case. I centered it vertically on a different DT-900 charger and pushed it up a little past the bottom of the charger so the white LED would be clearly visible. When I woke up this morning the green S6 LED was illuminated and so was the solid white LED from the charger. This was the same result as the other DT-900. Is it possible there is a firmware update for the charger? I don't even know how you would download a firmware update for a charger...

Oh well, I guess I can try without a case. First, I'll keep messing around with positioning. I don't want to have to pull the case.
    07-15-2015 09:24 AM
    Last night I powered down, kept phone in the case, and placed the phone vertically aligned with the charger. I made sure to place the center of the phone over the center of the charger. I had about a 40% battery level remaining. About an hour and a half later, I was woken by something unrelated. Saw the screen of phone get bright for about ten seconds but didn't get close to check it. A few minutes later I checked and the green LED of the phone was on with the screen black. The DT-900 LED was not on. I took the phone off and left it for the morning. The phone was 100% charged at startup.

Might be making progress...
    07-16-2015 09:17 AM
    No repeat performance last night. Back to the drawing board...
    07-17-2015 09:59 AM