s6 edge screen wont turn on

TrMarko

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had my s6 for about 3 months now and this is the first problem that i have encountered. So i was using my s6 edge on the way to work and it was working fine as usual, got in and put my stuff in my locker and started work. When i had finished i went to use my phone and the screen stayed black but i have the blue LED blinking slowly so the phone must still have power.

I have tried holding the power button down for varying periods of time which done nothing also holding the power button home and volume down buttons done nothing. I have tried plugging The phone into the charger and the red LED indicating that it is charging does not turn on, it is the same result noi matter which phone charger i use or which socket i use. Also if i try plugging it directly into my pc it is not detected.

Should i return it for the vodafone store that i bought it from or is there anything that i should try doing first?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First try charging it overnight. It can't hurt. If that doesn't change anything, definitely bring it back. Three months is far too short a time for a phone to go bad.

TrMarko

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
First try charging it overnight. It can't hurt. If that doesn't change anything, definitely bring it back. Three months is far too short a time for a phone to go bad.

I tried charging it over night but i don't think its actually charging as the red charging LED doesn't come on. Still doesn't work so i will take it back and see what they say today.

The odd thing is though that when i call the phone i can hear it ringing from the phone i'm calling on but because my s6 is on silent it does nothing. This makes me believe that the screen has failed and the phone still has power but i'm not sure why that would stop it charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish