Please Help! Why is it only GSM mobile data will work in my Galaxy S6?

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Please Help! ONLY GSM mobile data works in Galaxy S6

Dear All,

I am here with the expectation that my problem can be solved. I am using Galaxy S6 (G920F) Duos. When I bought this phone my OS was 5.0.2. And then one small update happened from OTA. After that I am not able to use LTE/WCDMA. Recently I installed a new update OS 5.1.1 and the problem is stayed with the phone. When I select LTE/WCDMA/GSM (Auto Connect) or WCDMA/GSM or WCDMA then there is one error message "Not registered on network" and "Emergency calls only". When I select GSM only then all the call, message & mobile data is ok but with 2g speed (Slow spped internet). Can anyone help me to suggest any solution to get rid of this problem. I tried service mode to change the band by typing *#2263# and there is a option to change the band but nothing happened. No 3G connectivity is there. Please help.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Please Help! ONLY GSM mobile data works in Galaxy S6

The clue is probably the message that you get "Not registered on network". Sounds like your carrier doesn't understand that phone pings.
Try calling them and having them add your phone/IMEI.

Fred

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

The clue is probably the message that you get "Not registered on network". Sounds like your carrier doesn't understand that phone pings.
Try calling them and having them add your phone/IMEI.

Fred

Thanks for the reply. Actually I talked with them and they dont have any option to include or exclude of my phone/imei. Is there any other option to do so?

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

My apn is ok as per my mobile operator. Is there any network lock or modem upgrade issue?

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

What should I choose in service mode? Band selection and HSPA setting for 3g network.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I would contact your carrier again and ask them why "THEIR" network replied ""Not registered on network"

:)
Fred

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

I am from Bangladesh. Which country/carrier Firmware I should install in my Galaxy S6 (SM- G920F) DUES? Please suggest.

mashtatz

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

Hi did you manage to sort this problem out? as having the same trouble with mine now :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy