I am expecting my S6 in the mail this week, i am concerned about dropping it but not crazy about using cases for a phone so im looking for the best tempered glass protector that is currently out there, dont really care what the price is as long as it has no significant issues with it .

I am also concerned about the back of the phone, has anyone found anything to protect that that isnt as intrusive as a full case?
    jordan Hicks likes this.
    07-12-2015 02:12 PM
    Try Tech Armor or Zagg as a screen protector. Spigen Neo Hybrid. UAG Armor. Commuter. Defender. All provide maximum protection with minimal profile. Remember it's shatter resistant not shatter proof. If I was about to spend a lot on a phone, it's worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-12-2015 02:31 PM
    Screen protectors really are for preventing scratches, not for protection against drops. If the device lands on a corner it could still easily get a shattered screen even with a screen protector.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    07-12-2015 02:49 PM
    I have a bodyguardz and I would highly recommend it
    07-12-2015 03:01 PM
    Screen protectors really are for preventing scratches, not for protection against drops. If the device lands on a corner it could still easily get a shattered screen even with a screen protector.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    But many salespeople have told me of shattered screen protectors ( Tempered Glass) with no damage underneath on screen.

I have Casemate Naked Tough on Alpha and have seen it on S6 - crystal clear with thin protective bumper lots of protection.

Back about as thick as a Nickel coin - clear- very tough- no fingerprints.

Bumper only 2 or 3 coins thick but clear and tough and tight fit.
    07-12-2015 03:56 PM
    But many salespeople have told me of shattered screen protectors ( Tempered Glass) with no damage underneath on screen.

I have Casemate Naked Tough on Alpha and have seen it on S6 - crystal clear with thin protective bumper lots of protection.

Back about as thick as a Nickel coin - clear- very tough- no fingerprints.

Bumper only 2 or 3 coins thick but clear and tough and tight fit.
    Screen protectors might help sometimes, but if you want further protection, a case is really better. I use both a tempered glass screen protector and an Otterbox Commuter case.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    Jenny-Jen Mayes likes this.
    07-12-2015 04:00 PM
    I'm open to a case but I don't want one that is clunky also I've seen ones I like but apparently they cause signal loss which is also a no go
    07-12-2015 04:02 PM
    I'm open to a case but I don't want one that is clunky also I've seen ones I like but apparently they cause signal loss which is also a no go
    A plastic/rubber case will not reduce your signal. Clunky is better than clunked. I have a Otterbox Defender after going bareback or with thin shell cases on all of my previous phones. In many years of carrying phones, I never dropped one until recently when I dropped my S6 on a tile floor. Absolutely no issue due to the Defender. A screen protector will do nothing to prevent breakage.
    07-12-2015 04:43 PM
    A tempered glass will help lower the risk of cracking your screen but it will not completely prevent it. Just an extra added protection to go with a case.

07-12-2015 05:17 PM
    A plastic/rubber case will not reduce your signal. Clunky is better than clunked. I have a Otterbox Defender after going bareback or with thin shell cases on all of my previous phones. In many years of carrying phones, I never dropped one until recently when I dropped my S6 on a tile floor. Absolutely no issue due to the Defender. A screen protector will do nothing to prevent breakage.
    The screen protector as mentioned before will only mitigate the damage from a fall but it's better especially in a face plant situation that the screen protector take the brunt of the impact.

The GS6 Defender is the thinnest to date as I have used them for a number of years. It also works well with wireless charging. It has three layers of protection. Check out my review video on my YouTube channel, theJCP006.
    07-12-2015 05:19 PM
    Btw, meant to post this earlier.

Zagg reviews from Amazon looks like more misses than hits.

Amazon Zagg reviews

After some research, I've ordered this one From JETech. It will be here tomorrow sometime.

07-13-2015 04:05 AM