samsung galaxy S 6 wont charge

Teresa Creason

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
When plugged in , says battery temperature too low to charge. Is less than 2 weeks old, charged fine till last night, then did not charge. Have tried plugging n at different places tried portable charger, tried thru usb to computer. Just shows batteru at 39% and a thermometer with the red area partially up. and displays message battery temp too low to charge. PLEASE Help

Teresa Creason

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know much about the phone yet. I bought it and they transferred my contacts, and , due to a very busy personal life at this past 2 weeks, I haven't done anything with the phone past that Did not even transfer from my other phone, other than contacts done when bought it. They even put on the case, and handed it to me. I would greatly appreciate help. I don't know what low temp is, as have never seen that before.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
First order of business; connect it to your computer via USB cord and copy off any critical files. If you end up sending in the phone or exchanging it, get files while you can.

This is not an issue unique to the S6. There is a thermistor in the phone to detect whether the battery is too cold to charge. On the S4, replacing the USB board assembly fixed it for most folks. If under warranty, return it. If not under Samsung warranty, but covered by protection plan, use that to get the phone replaced. With older phones you at least had the option to swap batteries. If no warranty or protection plan, you could try to fix it yourself, or send it to Samsung, or take it to a repair shop.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know much about the phone yet. I bought it and they transferred my contacts, and , due to a very busy personal life at this past 2 weeks, I haven't done anything with the phone past that Did not even transfer from my other phone, other than contacts done when bought it. They even put on the case, and handed it to me. I would greatly appreciate help. I don't know what low temp is, as have never seen that before.

Definitely return it under warranty.

Teresa Creason

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I live 90 miles from the store, but will be on my way there in the next couple of days. Can I switch back to my old phone in the meantime. I have Sprint