Galaxy S6 (G920F) Region Country/Carrier

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyone from Bangladesh using Galaxy S6 (G920F) or what is the firmware carrier/country that I can use in my phone here in Bangladesh?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone from Bangladesh using Galaxy S6 (G920F) or what is the firmware carrier/country that I can use in my phone here in Bangladesh?
I think that may be a North America model S6. I would suggest contacting your carrier and find out what networks are supported so that you can purchase the correct S6.

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I think that may be a North America model S6. I would suggest contacting your carrier and find out what networks are supported so that you can purchase the correct S6.

I am using Galaxy S6 (SM - G920F) in Bangladesh. All are ok but there is no signal for 3G network. I can use only 2G. Is it for firmware or what?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am using Galaxy S6 (SM - G920F) in Bangladesh. All are ok but there is no signal for 3G network. I can use only 2G. Is it for firmware or what?
No, it's hardware. The model S6 you have does not support the 3G and up bands offered in your region. That's very common in the States, where you can take a phone from AT&T and use it on T-Mobile...it'll work but not all data frequencies will be supported and often times you are left with the lesser data speed.

Short of purchasing a more compatible S6 device, if there is one for your region, there's nothing else you can do.

rony0505

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
No, it's hardware. The model S6 you have does not support the 3G and up bands offered in your region. That's very common in the States, where you can take a phone from AT&T and use it on T-Mobile...it'll work but not all data frequencies will be supported and often times you are left with the lesser data speed.

Short of purchasing a more compatible S6 device, if there is one for your region, there's nothing else you can do.

That means, I cant use 3G in Bangladesh and If I want to do so then I need to change my Region/Country. Am I right @srkmagnus?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That means, I cant use 3G in Bangladesh and If I want to do so then I need to change my Region/Country. Am I right @srkmagnus?
Or, purchase a device that is compatible with your carriers network. It's hard to say which will be best since there's a costs associated with both. However, if you are primarily using WiFi to connect to the internet, there's certainly no reason to change anything.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

You need to check your carrier's LTE, 4G and 3G bands, that's the main point of all this, according to those bands that your carrier uses, then and only then you will know for sure which S6 version you should get, SM-G920f is the International one and it seems to has most bands, SM-G920i is for Australia, Latin America and India regions and it also contains basically same bands than the Sm-G920f with the exception of 1, that each phone has that the other doesn't have.

Again, look for your carrier's information, then if you want, post it here, maybe we can help you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae