Removing Work Email & Security Policies/Rights

Atlas345

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Brand new to the forums so I apologize ahead of time if I make a rookie mistake.

I have a S6 and I want to remove my work email and all of the security policies and/or app rights that were installed with it when I first added it to my phone. Basically I want the experts to help me make sure I have everything removed. The app rights allow an admin to do anything they want to my phone and since I now don't really have a need for work email on my phone, I want everything removed.

We use office365 and I have already removed my account from the application but when I go to application manager, I still the email icon (there are 2) that lists all the rights that I want remove. If you need more information, just let me know.

Thanks

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Brand new to the forums so I apologize ahead of time if I make a rookie mistake.

I have a S6 and I want to remove my work email and all of the security policies and/or app rights that were installed with it when I first added it to my phone. Basically I want the experts to help me make sure I have everything removed. The app rights allow an admin to do anything they want to my phone and since I now don't really have a need for work email on my phone, I want everything removed.

We use office365 and I have already removed my account from the application but when I go to application manager, I still the email icon (there are 2) that lists all the rights that I want remove. If you need more information, just let me know.

Thanks

i like the nuclear option. if it was me i'd do a hard reset back to factory fresh state and then manually reinstall and resync all apps and data. wiping the phone and starting fresh ensures that there are no hidden remnants of that draconian software on your device. make sure you backup all of your data first before wiping the phone.

good luck.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. That was the only option I knew of that I could be 100% sure but was hoping for another way.

Check in Settings under Security>Device administrators. You should find a listing for that email account, select it and deactivate the administrator rights you granted when the account was first added to your phone. That should take care of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11