Sprint bug fix update 7/13

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I wish they update that buggy Connections Optimizer next. It's still forcing me onto wifi with everything unchecked every chance it gets.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Since the update not only is zedge not working. But 90% of the wallpaper apps I try are doing the same thing. Countless uninstalls do not help. So I have been downloading on my iPhone and sending to my s6. Hope there is a fix soon.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My motion gestures quit working. This is even after a FR and cache clear. WTF?

Just tried zedge. It's broke. Ridiculous.

Posted via the Android Central App

stigsb

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi! This is Stig from Zedge, we are trying to find a workaround for this issue, but none of our engineers have a Sprint S6 available right now (our tech staff is in Norway and Finland).

We'd be delighted to get adb logs from anyone having problems, or just get in touch with users who want to help testing out workarounds (again, we can only speculate on fixes until we get our hands on a Sprint S6 device).

Feel free to get in touch with us (and submit adb logs if you can) at (I don't have 10 posts, sorry for the lame URL formatting): www . zedge . net / contact /

- Stig

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi! This is Stig from Zedge, we are trying to find a workaround for this issue, but none of our engineers have a Sprint S6 available right now (our tech staff is in Norway and Finland).

We'd be delighted to get adb logs from anyone having problems, or just get in touch with users who want to help testing out workarounds (again, we can only speculate on fixes until we get our hands on a Sprint S6 device).

Feel free to get in touch with us (and submit adb logs if you can) at (I don't have 10 posts, sorry for the lame URL formatting): www . zedge . net / contact /

- Stig

Maybe I can help. But how do I get the adb logs?

Last edited:

ericnordvik

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I would like to help. But how do I get the adb logs?

Hi. I'm Eric from Zedge. To get the adb logs you would either have to connect your device to a computer and run adb logcat or Android Studio. If you don't have that, you probably could download the Log Collector app from Google Play and send the log right after you have tried starting Zedge. It's package name is com.xtralogic.android.logcollector.

You can send the log to android at zedge . net

Thanks,
Eric

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm Eric from Zedge. To get the adb logs you would either have to connect your device to a computer and run adb logcat or Android Studio. If you don't have that, you probably could download the Log Collector app from Google Play and send the log right after you have tried starting Zedge. It's package name is com.xtralogic.android.logcollector.

You can send the log to android at zedge . net

Thanks,
Eric

I sent a log I'm not sure if that contains what you ask for but hopefully it does

ericnordvik

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I looked through the log and unfortunately there were no reference to something wrong with Zedge. I'll respond by email to see if we can find any other ways to look into it. Thanks for making the effort!

Eric

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I looked through the log and unfortunately there were no reference to something wrong with Zedge. I'll respond by email to see if we can find any other ways to look into it. Thanks for making the effort!

Eric

Bummer! Well I guess THANK YOU SPRINT! For causing more problems than fixing them.

ericnordvik

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
But not with the "Zedge has stopped working" popup?

Could I ask you to try once more, first opening Zedge, then going into the log collector app and sending me a log again? I find it strange that I can't find any reference to Zedge in the log.

We really appreciate your help, and we most certainly would like to have some fix for the app for you and all the others out there having the same issue.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
No popup of "Zedge has stopped working" the app just closes. I'll try again. Although I might not be doing it right or perhaps I have the wrong app.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Version no longer supported

Posted via the Android Central App

I get version is no longer supported also if I try to install.

They just sent out a message yesterday that they are working on a fix. That message that you see of "version not supported" could be because of that. I'm sure once they find the fix for the issue caused by the 5.1.1 update from Sprint that message will disappear.

ericnordvik

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Eric from Zedge here. We've released an update today to Zedge, version 4.12.7. Hopefully this resolves the issues we had on the S6.

Please reach out if you still see that the app is not working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay