Does anyone use security software? I purchased AVG when I first got my phone. What do you guys think?
    07-13-2015 09:41 AM
    I never use antivirus, etc. Not necessary. The biggest security risk to Android is Android users. Install Common Sense and use it at all times.

BTW, there's probably dozens of threads asking the same question already. Do a search.
    07-13-2015 09:55 AM
    Does anyone use security software? I purchased AVG when I first got my phone. What do you guys think?
    i like Lookout. why? because it gives me 2 things i like -

1. "Find My Phone" ability which is a nice backup to Android Device Manager if that fails.
    2. Malware Scan - i've tested Lookout by purposely installing an SMS Redirect App. Lookout caught it during the subsequent scan.
    07-13-2015 09:58 AM
    I don't use it on mine either. I follow common sense
    07-13-2015 09:59 AM
    I don't use it on mine either. I follow common sense
    common sense won't help you if someone surreptitiously installs malware/spyware on your device without your knowledge.

SMS Replicator for Android Will Secretly Forward Texts

SMS Replicator for Android Will Secretly Forward Texts | TalkAndroid.com
    07-13-2015 10:06 AM
    common sense won't help you if someone surreptitiously installs malware/spyware on your device without your knowledge.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know such a thing exists.

I don't really do much surfing on the my phone. Besides installing the commonly used apps (Yelp, Flixster, ...) and some E-mails, I don't really do anything else.

Phone finder would be useful of course...didn't think about that.
    07-13-2015 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the info. Didn't know such a thing exists.

I don't really do much surfing on the my phone. Besides installing the commonly used apps (Yelp, Flixster, ...) and some E-mails, I don't really do anything else.

Phone finder would be useful of course...didn't think about that.
    https://www.lookout.com/android
    07-13-2015 10:24 AM

This can only be done with physical access to the phone. Meh.
    07-13-2015 11:22 AM
    I had AVG on my phone until I realised it drained my battery. I would get only 3-4 hours of screen on time with it on my phone. Almost as soon as I uninstalled it I now get 5-6 hours of screen on time and have even managed 7 hours a few times. Will not be putting it on my phone again. It and the weather channel were nightmares for my battery
    07-13-2015 11:30 AM
    I had AVG on my phone until I realised it drained my battery. I would get only 3-4 hours of screen on time with it on my phone. Almost as soon as I uninstalled it I now get 5-6 hours of screen on time and have even managed 7 hours a few times. Will not be putting it on my phone again. It and the weather channel were nightmares for my battery
    try Lookout. very battery/resource light/efficient. and another great feature it has is "Signal Flare".

https://blog.lookout.com/blog/2011/1...ery-life-myth/

https://faq.lookout.com/topics/21487...s-signal-flare
    07-13-2015 12:04 PM
    Samsung has it's own service for finding, locking, wiping, and etc phone remotely. Just have to be signed into your Samsung account and have the services activated.

I don't use anything. Waste of space and resources. I don't have any sensitive data to hide.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ryan Wallace likes this.
    07-13-2015 12:25 PM
    This can only be done with physical access to the phone. Meh.
    You can simply install a trojan which can be embedded in any app you may download from the app store! So you dont need physical access. There are several exploits that our phones have.
    07-13-2015 06:47 PM
    Kaspersky anti-virus.
    07-13-2015 08:06 PM