Samsung Galaxy S6 huge camera problem [solved]

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
At first, when I bought my new Galaxy S6, everything was working perfectly. After a while, though, the camera started acting weird from time to time - purple lines and stripes, when taking pictures or recording videos. It seemed to be happening only when inside a building with artificial light from bulbs. After a while, as you can see in the video, things got much worse.

So, that was prior the Android 5.1.1 update. After updating to 5.1.1, clearing the cache and resetting the settings of the camera app to default ones the problems seem to be gone. So, if anyone has similar issues, do not rush to the store to return your device, first try the above method :) . Hope this helps someone :)

Last edited:

KaloyanBeshev

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that tip, it will be helpful for other people having a similar problem.
Thanks, hope it helps, since I found nothing about it. But still, if I remember correctly, Samsung confirmed that the different Galaxy S6 for different markets worldwide use cameras from various manufacturers, but with same quality and specifications. Maybe this is why I haven't seen a thread about it :) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49