I tried following the instructions from 2014 posted online but my app doesn't have the same settings. I am just using the video player that came standard with the camera app. Is this the standard samsung video app? There is no settings option or capture option. Video editor doesn't take screenshots either.
    07-14-2015 12:41 PM
    I tried following the instructions from 2014 posted online but my app doesn't have the same settings. I am just using the video player that came standard with the camera app. Is this the standard samsung video app? There is no settings option or capture option. Video editor doesn't take screenshots either.
    Well, I can give you some work around, not pretty but with a little practice can get what you want done.

While you are playing the video, just at the right moment of the frame you want you can always press power and Home buttons together and it will capture you a screenshot, like I said it's not pretty and it will require that you have great timing but it can be done, also you can activate the gesture to capture screenshots by swiping across the screen and I think it can be easier (If you manage to master that feature).
    07-14-2015 12:53 PM
    On the S5 Active, I have an app with a purple icon that is called "Video Player".
    Attachment 186683

If I play the video with this "Video Player", I can stop the video on a specific frame, wait about 2 seconds and the player controls hide and I can take a clean screenshot of the frame I want.

I think that this video player is a Samsung video player as it is a system app that came with my phone and you probably have something similar on the S6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    07-14-2015 01:50 PM
    On the S5 Active, I have an app with a purple icon that is called "Video Player".
    Attachment 186683

If I play the video with this "Video Player", I can stop the video on a specific frame, wait about 2 seconds and the player controls hide and I can take a clean screenshot of the frame I want.

I think that this video player is a Samsung video player as it is a system app that came with my phone and you probably have something similar on the S6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Yes, it was there but it seems that it's not available on this version, all the controls stay on the screen.
    07-14-2015 02:00 PM
    Hi Rachel and welcome to AC - when you are recording a video it allows you to "capture" a picture, the button is just below the stop button. If you are referring to videos already recorded and saved on your phone, unfortunately a screen shot is the best option to capture a still image.
    07-15-2015 03:41 AM
    Hello. The GS6 has a new video player that does not have a built in screenshot function. Instead, open the video, PAUSE it at the frame you want and then tap on the side of the screen to dismiss the scroll bars. Then screenshot the video,press and hold the POWER button and the HOME button (big center button on the bottom of your phone) together.
    07-15-2015 01:53 PM
    Hello. The GS6 has a new video player that does not have a built in screenshot function. Instead, open the video, PAUSE it at the frame you want and then tap on the side of the screen to dismiss the scroll bars. Then screenshot the video,press and hold the POWER button and the HOME button (big center button on the bottom of your phone) together.
    IMO I just dont understand what sense it makes for Samsung to remove the option to enable the capture feature built into all their phones that came before this one, and your tip is good and all, but does not offer the same capabilities that the frame by frame arrows in the capture feature provide, and just so you can imagine if you think i should just get overit lol, i take videos of heating elements glowing red that are installed inside vaping devices, and yea i may be able to find a clear shot that looks good but it takes away the convenient method to put together collages that show 4 individual photos 3 to 4 frames between each of them threw the heating process, im sure ill find another video player that i can use to browse threw each and every frame when i need to, but its really disappointing they decided to leave it out,i can hope for it to be added in an update, we'll see, im only using an S6 because im rooting and ROMing it for my brother and its our parents xmas gift to him, and a side note, thats not the only thing disappointing about this phone & Samsung, they manufactured a phone that cosmetically closely resembles a competitors device that i am 100% not a fan of in anyway(Apple that is), from their business practices to their development ethics and community, if you put the s6 next to the latest ipod amd iphone and look at the charging ports for example youll see what i mean,and they even used what is essentially the same design sim card holder and the how you access it, and most of all im saddened that they decided to take away expandable memory w/ basically no battery access, i uderstand why for the battery because of the NFC being mistakened for a bug and their batterys are of a higher quality now uh days and really must be stocking some wheaties in there or something cause their good , and the fast charge is probably playing a part into why they sealed it up but its just not what i would expect from a company like samsung who has been blowing apple outta the water (IMO) for years, theres no reason i see for them to begin down this road, end rant, im sorry, that rant belongs elswhere but im disappointed and this is why i will be holding onto my Note 4 for some time, in the hopes they choose to see things my way,lol
    12-23-2015 04:19 PM
    I understand. I need to take precise screenshots of frames also but I prefer using my laptop with a proper video player rather than my phone.
    12-27-2015 05:45 PM
    On your phone if your in auto mode in your camera u can hold down the camera button and it takes a series of burst shots like 3 a second and just keeps shooting until you take yur finger off the camera button. Then you can also use dual camera mode where the front and back camera are used at same time you can record video with back camera while at same time snap pics with front camera. Also there's shot and more mode but u can read what all these camera modes yourself, just hit the mode button in camera then a bunch of modes will pop up on left side of screen and you will also see the word info on the middle very top of your screen, touch the word "info" at top middle of screen and it will tell you what all the different camera modes do.
    03-21-2016 07:32 AM
    You could download an app called VidTrim and it has a frame grabber option. You can go through the video frame by frame and save the ones you want.
    03-21-2016 03:33 PM
    Dude, thanks so much for sharing about vidtrim. That works way better than a screenshot and it's perfect with the frame by frame. Thanks so much!
    05-10-2016 02:07 PM