Samsung Customer Service S6 Repair

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
"Par for the course" to me means its more normal than not. Not that there are never exceptions. IME and from what I've heard from people is that Apple is more likely to "bend" their rules to satisfy a customer than they are not to do so.

from the Elegance

That might be true, but they sure didn't for a 73 year old woman.

Posted via the Android Central App

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That might be true, but they sure didn't for a 73 year old woman.

THAT was not cool of them. It cost the techs nothing (and the cost to Apple is neglible and may likely result in a repeat customer) to replace a phone, go that extra mile, and send another happy customer on their way.

from the Elegance

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
THAT was not cool of them. It cost the techs nothing (and the cost to Apple is neglible and may likely result in a repeat customer) to replace a phone, go that extra mile, and send another happy customer on their way.

from the Elegance

I totally agree. I have been fortunate that i haven't had to send any android phone back to its manufacturer for repair. Knock on wood! Lol! But all in all i gave my mom one of my iPhone 6's and she's good with it.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
With out a doubt Samsung support is the worst of them all have dealt with in the past never will again

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

MaLik Hadi

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
i always buy a smartphone without warranty....because without warranty phones are cheap....as i am a student cant pay 100$ for useless warranty....i was going to buy s6...but after seeing this thread....i lost faith in samsung....and i am really really heavy user....and the battery life is not good

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a horrible experience with my galaxy s3 and finally upgraded to the s6 in april. My whole fam uses iphone 6's but i always preferred the samsung platform. Last week my daughter dropped her iphone 6 in the pool. We took it to the apple store. We had no insurance with the carrier and did not purchase apple care either. They looked up our account and said even though the inside was drenched and that voided the 1 year warranty... They replaced the phone on the spot with a brand new 6...in the box... Not a refurbished one. Honestly.... When my contract is up.... I am going to switch to an iphone. This experience was a game changer for me. When my galaxy s3 was 3 months old the internal charging port broke. They said it wasnt covered. I had to go the next 21 months with a broken charger port or buy a new phone. Appalling.

Apple did the same thing for a friend of mine. He shattered in 4s iPhone. He took it in the store, no Apple Care and they swapped out the phone for him. No Charge.

My Sister runs a non profit organization in 3rd world countries. After tons of problems with other companies she finally switched all of her devices to Apple. They have taken great care of her.

I don't use Apple devices, but I do think they provide great service.

kittysback

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I had to send mine back to Samsung because I had a black splotch that was on my selfie cam. It was a good experience. The emailed me a shipping label. I sent the phone back. They replaced the camera and sent it back to me. The phone was gone for one week... Very fast. So far things seem OK. Hope you get your problem resolved!!

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Correct, but that does not mean you just get another one when you call them. If you call the carrier they will just shunt you to Samsung, unless you have the carrier protection plan that covers mechanical stuff, and Samsung will try and fix the device. At least AT&T will shunt you to Samsung, they did with me. They will not just straight up swap out of a phone 99% of the time; at $700 to $1,000 a pop that would be an insane cost for Samsung or a carrier. Like most major electronic companies they will try and fix it first as that costs much, much less.

Though it would be very nice if they just swapped phones. Would save quite a bit of hassle but considering how much these things cost I can definitely understand them wanting to try and fix it first.

Any time I've ever had an issue with a phone on at&t and it required a replacement they sent me to a warranty replacement center and they replaced the phone there barely any questions asked. Just my experience. Hope things work out for op

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My brothers Galaxy s3 stopped charging. He sent it to Samsung and they denied him warranty, claiming the problem was caused by using a non Samsung charger. Mind you, walk into any carrier official store and they sell non Samsung chargers for Samsung and other phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had it back for the third time and despite explaining the problem they said it works fine. I called them and they want to send it for a soap test (check everything on the pone) I polielty refused and they're getting a manager to call me tomorrow. I was told after three attempts of fixing it it would be replaced so I'm expecting one. Once it is sorted I will probably sell it as I have lost all faith in samsung!!

where did you buy the phone? I bought mine from Verizon and am on my 3rd GS6. Each time, I went into Verizon, they ordered me a replacement on the spot that was shipped to my house. I just had to mail back the defective phone in the box the "fixed" one came in.... all well outside of the 14 day return period but well within Samsung's 1-year warranty.

Now, it would be nice if they operated like Apple. I had the iPhone 6 for 8 months and had that thing replaced about 4 times due to issues. They would give me a new phone on the spot instead of Verizon/Samsung mailing me a "certified like-new" device 2 days later.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
where did you buy the phone? I bought mine from Verizon and am on my 3rd GS6. Each time, I went into Verizon, they ordered me a replacement on the spot that was shipped to my house. I just had to mail back the defective phone in the box the "fixed" one came in.... all well outside of the 14 day return period but well within Samsung's 1-year warranty.

Now, it would be nice if they operated like Apple. I had the iPhone 6 for 8 months and had that thing replaced about 4 times due to issues. They would give me a new phone on the spot instead of Verizon/Samsung mailing me a "certified like-new" device 2 days later.

Apple gives you a refurbished phone not a brand new phone. No way Apple gave you four brand new phones. That said I sent my phone to Samsung on Monday. Today they email me that the parts for my phone are on order. Now I don't know when I'll get my s6. I can't wait two weeks. May just pick up a 6edge. It's ridiculous.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Apple gives you a refurbished phone not a brand new phone. No way Apple gave you four brand new phones. That said I sent my phone to Samsung on Monday. Today they email me that the parts for my phone are on order. Now I don't know when I'll get my s6. I can't wait two weeks. May just pick up a 6edge. It's ridiculous.

no, apple gives brand new phones. In the 2 locations I've lived over the past year, each apple store tells me they only give new devices. They don't deal with refurbished units. Again, I ask all the time and I get the same answer all the time.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
no, apple gives brand new phones. In the 2 locations I've lived over the past year, each apple store tells me they only give new devices. They don't deal with refurbished units. Again, I ask all the time and I get the same answer all the time.

Totally wrong. I've had iPhones replaced twice from Apple and they were refurbished. Looks like new but came in a white box. You just think it's new because it looks new.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Totally wrong. I've had iPhones replaced twice from Apple and they were refurbished. Looks like new but came in a white box. You just think it's new because it looks new.

I'm not sure why you are doubting the first hand experience I had. I'm not a n00b. Maybe you've received refurbished items, but I do know that the Apple Store in the Flatirons Crossing Mall in Broomfield, CO does new ONLY. I've confirmed on multiple occasions. Every genius I ask and talk to says they don't deal with refurbished iPhones in that store, only new iPhones. You can continue to choose to not believe me, but I have no reason to doubt what they say. I know Apple does work with refurbished phones as replacements, maybe only certain stores or with mail-in support. But I was speaking specifically to my situation where I did (and was confirmed by Apple) received new iPhones.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why you are doubting the first hand experience I had. I'm not a n00b. Maybe you've received refurbished items, but I do know that the Apple Store in the Flatirons Crossing Mall in Broomfield, CO does new ONLY. I've confirmed on multiple occasions. Every genius I ask and talk to says they don't deal with refurbished iPhones in that store, only new iPhones. You can continue to choose to not believe me, but I have no reason to doubt what they say. I know Apple does work with refurbished phones as replacements, maybe only certain stores or with mail-in support. But I was speaking specifically to my situation where I did (and was confirmed by Apple) received new iPhones.

I'm not doubting your experience. You may received a new unit but that is the exception and not the norm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta