S6 Recent apps popup bug?

kpossibles

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I'd rather post here first before asking Samsung for help but I currently own a Verizon S6 and it's buggy as hell. It was a minor problem that could be ignored in the beginning, but it's happening almost every time that I use my phone now. The recent apps/multiwindow thing keeps popping up, no matter what I'm doing and even if I quit all my running apps. Despite restarts and complete phone drainage, this problem keeps occuring for the past month or 2.

I use my phone to play games a lot (like several hours a day), have active Line group conversations, use Facebook app frequently w/its Messenger app, and I also use Dodol Launcher for my phone too. I really don't want to go to the factory default method of fixing things, especially since it's a major pain to reinstall all the games that I have installed.

However, a quick search through google doesn't seem to show any results about this continuous recent apps popup bug. Can anyone provide advice?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on it or something that may be triggering the menu button? Possibly when you're playing games and holding the phone sideways that you're touching the button? Seems as though something is causing the menu button to be activated which makes your recent apps pop up.

chmnh

May 8, 2011
Visit site
When my phone and my wife's phone updated to 5.1 they got real buggy. The appstore would randomly open by itself all the time. We did a full factory reset and they work great now. Just a suggestion.

Posted via the Android Central App

satyabratm

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. It happens even when my phone is kept idle and no one holding it. Its very very annoying. It makes the phone useless.

kpossibles

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello ,

Did you find any solution to your issue yet ? I am facing the same issue. Please let me know if you find any work around.

Nope, you're pretty much screwed over and you have to send the phone back via warranty to get a new one. I went to the Verizon store about a week ago to see if factory reset would fix it, but the symptoms got worse and the rep just helped me get a new one mailed to me. You sent the bad phone back and I've been using my new S6 for about a week without any issues so far.

I ended up finding a YouTube video that showed the bug in action. I can't link it but if you search for "Samsung S6 problems - ghost touches, multitask button too sensitive" then you'll see the problem in action.

Specialk123456

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
My phone was doing the exact thing. I did a factory reset, and noticed it was working fine, until the backup of my apps started installing my apps back on my phone and notice it started to go crazy again. I started deleting a bunch of them, and now it works fine. Unfortunately I deleted 4 or 5 at a time because I was so frustrated it was acting up again, so I have no idea which app was doing it. And I haven't bothered to reinstall those deleted because I do not want it to act up again. 3 days later though, and it still works.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Never mind, it started acting up again :( going to try to take the phone back to the store.

There's an app causing this problem. Reset again, but this time don't restore backups. Download your apps one by one giving some time in between each install to pinpoint the problem app. When the problem starts up again try and look at the most recently installed app and delete it. Find an alternative to that app.

It's also not a bad idea to format the SD card to start fresh.

kpossibles

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing the mod forgot that from S6 on, Galaxy series doesn't have an SD card like its predecessors... I'm still using the phone that was re-sent to me and it's been fine so far and I've downloaded all the original apps that I had installed on the previous one.

AirborneVet89

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I have this issue also. I spoke with Verizon support last night where we reinstalled the phone software. Issue was still present. Long story short, they are sending me a replacement phone. I wouldn't spend too much time on this as I have already spent two days troubleshooting this issue. I've done multiple factory resets, cleared cache, called support, etc. and there isn't a fix other than getting the phone replaced. One thing I didn't try was to try installing older software to see if that fixed it. Good luck!

Mo Ahmed

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I found an app which solved my problem! For some reason one of my buttons kept on ghost activating and it was tormenting me. Then I used an app called "All In One Gestures" from the google play store! Enable it and give it the permissions, and then you can basically disable the malfunctioning key!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae