Good Morning Everyone,

Last week, my Verizon S6 was prompting me to install an update. After doing some research, it seemed that the update was minor. Since I was sick of the pop-up, I decided to go ahead and install the update.

During the week or so after installation, I have noticed some of the battery issues that others are experiencing (high cell standby, etc.) I had not been having any of these issues before. After a full charge, taking my phone off at 7:15 AM, the battery life settings say it has only 6 hours remaining. It lasts longer than this, although not as long as before the update, but it is still an odd and frustrating issue. So, I have a few questions.

1. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    2. Is there a way to uninstall the most recent update?
    3. Has anyone heard of a new update coming soon?

Thank you all for the help.
    07-15-2015 07:11 AM
    I can't say that I really noticed much of any difference since that update. Sadly, I don't think there's any way to uninstall these system updates short of rooting your phone. The XDA developers forum might be able to help but this is far too complicated for regular "civilian" users. Vz will almost certainly be rolling out the 5.1.2 update over the next month and that should be a pretty dramatic update bringing lots of new features and properties including better power management. Time will tell I guess.
    07-15-2015 07:26 AM
    In the about phone settings what does your baseband version say?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-15-2015 05:22 PM
    Below is what is happening to me since I updated yesterday:

I have had the s6 from verizon since 6/26/15. I havent had any major problems until yesterday when the phone prompted me to do a software update. Since doing so, some messages wont appear. Initially just pictures, now i can only have conversations if i reply from the pop up message (while in another app) - none of these messages are going into the message app/conversation. This is very troublesome.

I see a few of you here having ATT and able to disable sync settings, i do not have that option. I unticked the box regarding deleting old messages to see if that would fix it, as suggested. It did not fix the problem. Any suggestions or solutions? I am just outside of the return policy for the phone, so I must fix it or buy a new phone.

Thanks
    07-16-2015 06:58 AM
    G920vvru2aof1
    07-20-2015 09:49 AM
    Below is what is happening to me since I updated yesterday:

I have had the s6 from verizon since 6/26/15. I havent had any major problems until yesterday when the phone prompted me to do a software update. Since doing so, some messages wont appear. Initially just pictures, now i can only have conversations if i reply from the pop up message (while in another app) - none of these messages are going into the message app/conversation. This is very troublesome.

I see a few of you here having ATT and able to disable sync settings, i do not have that option. I unticked the box regarding deleting old messages to see if that would fix it, as suggested. It did not fix the problem. Any suggestions or solutions? I am just outside of the return policy for the phone, so I must fix it or buy a new phone.

Thanks
    Go to your settings, system update, and update your prl and profile. Then goto activate device, tap on more on top right and reset cellular data. Problem solved.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-20-2015 06:40 PM
    My phone similar to yours! after I factory reset, it is good again!
    07-20-2015 08:34 PM
    Factory reset! Problems will be solved!
    07-20-2015 08:37 PM