Getting your hands on an Unlocked S6

seedorfj

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I live in a little rural community and we have our own little carrier to go with it, the problem is, the s6 will cost $32.00 per month on a 2 year contract (over $700). The phone is available on amazon unlocked and international for only 550 ish. I would love to get the blue one as opposed to being stuck with the black one from my carrier as well, however, there are many reports of broken seals and even triggered flash counters, are these phones safe? If not, where do I get my hands on an unlocked s6, for use in the US.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would only buy from a major retailer. If from amazon only shipped and sold from amazon. That is the safest. Buying from third party is more risky, but if you bought something fulfilled by Amazon then you can easily return it if there was a problem

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I live in a little rural community and we have our own little carrier to go with it, the problem is, the s6 will cost $32.00 per month on a 2 year contract (over $700). The phone is available on amazon unlocked and international for only 550 ish. I would love to get the blue one as opposed to being stuck with the black one from my carrier as well, however, there are many reports of broken seals and even triggered flash counters, are these phones safe? If not, where do I get my hands on an unlocked s6, for use in the US.

In order to know which version is better for you to buy, it would be great to know which carrier is it? Do you know it's GSM, 3g, 4g and LTE bands? There are 2 versions that you most likely can buy the SM-G920f and I, both have most of US carriers bands.

Send me a PM if you are interested in a 3 weeks old Blue Topaz S6 (sm-g920i) which I've alterned in this past 3 weeks with my S6 edge, so it has basically a week and a half of use with all accessories and everything that came with it factory sealed, including charger and cable, screen protector , 1 cheap cover and a week old great Elecshield cover bought from Amazon UK that cost $13.50 alone. Buying an S6 active now and will keep my S6 edge. Let me know.