Transferring Whatsapp

Martin Frain

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I have just got a Galaxy s6 and transferred a backup from my previous iPhone 5 using Samsung Smart Switch, all contacts etc. have transferred but only part of my Whatsapp history.

some chats have completely gone, others have transferred the chat but not the messages within that chat, does anyone know how to transfer the full chat history?

Thanks

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I know this works between Android devices because I do this all the time, but don't know if you can do it with an iPhone, if you still have your iPhone, try to do the following.

Perform a manual backup by tapping "Back Up Now" in WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup and keep WhatsApp open until that screen says "uploading". I think that backup file should be saved on your phone, some place or maybe on iCloud. The idea is that wherever it goes, you can try copying that backup file to your Android Device in the WhatsApp\databases folder, if it's called just like the Android version, it will be called msgstore.db.crypt8. If you want all your videos and pictures of those conversations you should also copy those folders (Somehow, I'm not really sure how to do it on iPhone as I jumped that ship years ago) and move those also to the WhatsApp folder on your S6.

If everything goes well, the easier way to recover your conversation will be to just go to Application Manager on Settings and Clear Cache and Data, next time you open WhatsApp it will ask you to set it up, once you validate your Account it will find your backup file and will ask you to restore from it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome