09-01-2015 08:17 PM
136 ... 23456
tools
    I wanted to try textra but this thread says it doesn't play well with SwiftKey xd
    Their might have been an update for that already not sure though
    07-27-2015 04:39 PM
    I've recently jumped from stock to try Google messenger. We will see how well I like it. Textra is a no go for me. I do like the fact even being on At&t we can use the VZW+ messaging app. I liked it while using my girlfriends turbo the other day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I didn't know this worked on AT&T. Thank You.. Trying it now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2015 04:46 PM
    I've recently jumped from stock to try Google messenger. We will see how well I like it. Textra is a no go for me. I do like the fact even being on At&t we can use the VZW+ messaging app. I liked it while using my girlfriends turbo the other day.

Why don't you like Textra?

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    07-27-2015 09:11 PM
    I tried textra for about 3 weeks.. But it was really glitchy... Wouldnt always switch to landscape screen rotation... Kept staying in portrait mode... Kept crashing... A lot.... Went back to samsung messaging app called "messages" and i really like it. Use it with swiftkey keyboard. Looks great!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2015 09:35 PM
    Why don't you like Textra?

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    Don't see the point in purchasing a messaging app when the stock one does a great job. I'm back on the stock one with dark material theme. I liked Google messenger but the lack, of, ability to have a darker theme really kills it for me.

07-27-2015 09:42 PM
    I tried textra for about 3 weeks.. But it was really glitchy... Wouldnt always switch to landscape screen rotation... Kept staying in portrait mode... Kept crashing... A lot....
    I've seen numerous reports of Textra glitching/crashing for those using Swiftkey, but I've yet to experience a hiccup with either so far, separately or together. It's one of those things where I'm consumed with curiosity as to why it's plagued others but hasn't affected me.
    07-27-2015 11:57 PM
    QKSMS

I like it better than Textra and Messenger

And it looks great with an all dark theme

Hate the white+orange on the stock S5 app

07-28-2015 12:39 AM
    The Samsung one... I'm not sure when people say stock if they are referring to the Samsung one or stock android. I like the built in scheduling feature of the Samsung one, in fact I'd never consider one without such a feature, so I guess that narrows the choices considerably for me.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-30-2015 11:41 AM
    whatsapp is good
    07-30-2015 11:46 AM
    Using Textra. Fast sending MMS and simple and clean!
    07-30-2015 02:07 PM
    I wanted to try textra but this thread says it doesn't play well with SwiftKey xd
    I have SwiftKey and it works fine. There were some glitches a few months ago, and Textra actually sent me a message about that and said that they were working on it. Now, everything works fine. Give it a try if you want! I love it!
    08-01-2015 10:10 AM
    Using Textra with Google keyboard. Works well. This am received an update that blocks the MMS stagefright threat. Credit them for handling this without user intervention.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-01-2015 11:06 AM
    Is there anyone else experiencing the notification icon, from Textra, not disappearing after the message has been read? As much as I love Textra, I resort to using stock bc of this glitch.

co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-01-2015 04:08 PM
    Is there anyone else experiencing the notification icon, from Textra, not disappearing after the message has been read? As much as I love Textra, I resort to using stock bc of this glitch.

Yup, happened to me also. Textra is a great concept that is simply not ready for prime time. Far, far too buggy to be used day to day.
    08-01-2015 04:27 PM
    I really liked the stock sms app on my GS5 before I broke the screen and upgraded to the s6. Great features and not too much fluff. At first the apps pn the s5 and s6 seemed about the same, but I had grown accustomed to the built-in "delay to send" function to prevent typos or saying something I'll regret, which I soon found Samsung to have dropped in this iteration. I am hoping its brought back via update, but until then its textra pro. Ive tried handcent, chomp, messenger, hangouts, hellosms and goasms as well. Google has the nicest UI in messenger but its lack of features bores me. I sure miss imessage, and would love cross sync, but you couldnt pay me to use a stock verizon app (my eyes...they burn...soo much red...) and no one in my social circle is even aware hangouts exists...

08-02-2015 01:05 AM
    Verizon Message+
    Also like Textra and Google......but have been using Verizon Message+ for a couple of months now and am happy with it.
    08-02-2015 04:54 PM
    Verizon Message+... Tried many of the others (Textra a close second), but found this to be my fave.

Sent from LG G2 (VS980)
    08-02-2015 05:01 PM
    I am using Verizon message + too now that I found out it works with AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2015 05:03 PM
    May be petty, but the ios emojis are the reason why I can't use. Mind you, I'm fickle...

08-02-2015 07:21 PM

I was getting that alot about a month ago, but it doesn't happen anymore, and I'm not sure what this glitch everyone is talking about with Textra and SwiftKey.........

sent from S6 using tapatalk
    08-02-2015 08:47 PM

The only time it happens to me is when I open from the notification to reply. The badge doesn't disappear until I open the message from the app icon itself.
    08-03-2015 06:35 AM
    Stock, the quick reply option is the best...I do use hangouts for some other contacts as well...seems group messaging works better in hangouts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 09:35 AM
    I use hangouts mostly because my dad had a Galaxy tracker, he doesn't own a phone, and we message each other when he's on WiFi of course. My only complaint with hangouts is that you can't send multiple picture in an MMS massage and its one by one... Other than that, I have no other team complaints.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 09:48 AM
    So If my text don't send at work cause I'm in a basement with bad signal I can go to wifi calling and it will send my text? I usually use FB Messenger cause I do have wifi at work but some people don't always see it and I would rather text.

Yeah others won't work like this for true SMS messages because they go through the cell signal.

The only others that can text via wifi are T-Mobile and Sprint users due to WiFi calling.
    08-03-2015 01:03 PM
    I have a couple questions since alot of you guys use Textra, I have been a Handcent user for a long time. I just liked the colored envelopes at the top for when my phone was on silent and the different notification sounds for people. I like the colored bubbles and fonts and stuff too. Heard of Chomp SMS but never tried it and now I just found out about Textra and downloaded it yesterday.I like it a lot so far. Hasn't asked me to buy the pro yet nor have I seen ads as far as I can tell but I will gladly pay when it asks me too. But for sending pictures or even a long text that turns into an MMS I have to keep mobile data on. Like at work I don't get a good signal and am always on wifi. But I have send a couple pictures and in my notifications it will say turn on mobile data tap to resend. I'm guessing once the 3 dots are gone and done moving it's sent. And also it says floating notifications are they supposed to move around on your screen?

But for those who have used Handcent and now this any other features this has that Handcent don't or the other way around. I am deleting Handcent tonight after I set this one up completely. Handcent was acting up for me and I had to stop the quick reply from popping up cause sometimes it would popup at same time as my alarm and it wouldn't go off. I like the don't wake up screen while silent feature here. But so far Textra will be my new texting app. I used Hangouts before and their was a delay and my husband and me don't have good texting signals at work so on wifi I u se facebook messenger but now I am loving this.

I really liked the stock sms app on my GS5 before I broke the screen and upgraded to the s6. Great features and not too much fluff. At first the apps pn the s5 and s6 seemed about the same, but I had grown accustomed to the built-in "delay to send" function to prevent typos or saying something I'll regret, which I soon found Samsung to have dropped in this iteration. I am hoping its brought back via update, but until then its textra pro. Ive tried handcent, chomp, messenger, hangouts, hellosms and goasms as well. Google has the nicest UI in messenger but its lack of features bores me. I sure miss imessage, and would love cross sync, but you couldnt pay me to use a stock verizon app (my eyes...they burn...soo much red...) and no one in my social circle is even aware hangouts exists...

salutcemoi likes this.
    08-03-2015 01:37 PM
136 ... 23456