09-01-2015 08:17 PM
136 ... 3456
tools
    So If my text don't send at work cause I'm in a basement with bad signal I can go to wifi calling and it will send my text? I usually use FB Messenger cause I do have wifi at work but some people don't always see it and I would rather text.
    Correct.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    08-03-2015 02:06 PM
    Is there anyone else experiencing the notification icon, from Textra, not disappearing after the message has been read? As much as I love Textra, I resort to using stock bc of this glitch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This has happened to me a few times. The only way I could get it to go away was by deleting the thread, can't remember if rebooting the phone helped or not.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-03-2015 03:45 PM
    I have a couple questions since alot of you guys use Textra, I have been a Handcent user for a long time. I just liked the colored envelopes at the top for when my phone was on silent and the different notification sounds for people. I like the colored bubbles and fonts and stuff too. Heard of Chomp SMS but never tried it and now I just found out about Textra and downloaded it yesterday.I like it a lot so far. Hasn't asked me to buy the pro yet nor have I seen ads as far as I can tell but I will gladly pay when it asks me too. But for sending pictures or even a long text that turns into an MMS I have to keep mobile data on. Like at work I don't get a good signal and am always on wifi. But I have send a couple pictures and in my notifications it will say turn on mobile data tap to resend. I'm guessing once the 3 dots are gone and done moving it's sent. And also it says floating notifications are they supposed to move around on your screen?

But for those who have used Handcent and now this any other features this has that Handcent don't or the other way around. I am deleting Handcent tonight after I set this one up completely. Handcent was acting up for me and I had to stop the quick reply from popping up cause sometimes it would popup at same time as my alarm and it wouldn't go off. I like the don't wake up screen while silent feature here. But so far Textra will be my new texting app. I used Hangouts before and their was a delay and my husband and me don't have good texting signals at work so on wifi I u se facebook messenger but now I am loving this.
    To answer a few of your questions:

- you won't get any ads in your text messaging hub for a while. At least, that's what happened when I first downloaded it.

- I highly recommend you pay to get the full app: there are no adds and it's worth the money to support!

- yes, after the three dots go away, the message has been sent.

- yup, mobile data has to be turned on in order to send MMS/pictures. To me, that is one of the only drawbacks of this app.

- I've used Chomp SMS before (the free app, not the paid version). It's really good. There's more customization with Chomp than Textra, in my opinion, but Chomp glitched on me (messages didn't send when I got the confirmation that they had), and so I switched to Textra. I still prefer Textra: though Chomp can have customizable bubbles and stuff for messages, Textra has more features, if that makes sense.

- I don't think floating notifications move around on your screen - I think they just pop up or appear. I've stopped the pop-up messages from appearing, so I'm not sure if they've made any advancements to this recently and I'm just unaware of them because I don't use this feature.

All in all, Textra is a great app with phenomenal developer support. I highly recommend it!
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    08-04-2015 12:30 PM
    Thanks so far I'm liking it alot. Still need to uninstall handcent. I just found out about the quick reply in the notifications window I like that. But yes I don't understand why MMS/pictures mobile data needs to be on cause like I said I don't get good signal at my work and may bit be connected sometimes. I guess I could send pictures through the stock app. And I'll turn I Wi-Fi calling to make sure text go through.

But thanks I'll buy the pro it doesn't show me to buy yet. Just wondered what other people also thought that used handcent. This is pretty similar just can't change bubble design it mentions themes I didn't see themes. I had themes on handcent. Anyway thanks! :-)

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
    08-04-2015 12:39 PM
    just online messaging
    08-05-2015 02:45 AM
    I asked this question in the VPN thread but figured this might be a better place:

I'm interested in switching to Verizon Messages + when traveling abroad in order to send and receive texts via wifi with Verizon data shut off. Does anybody know if a VPN will inhibit this strategy? I like to connect to hotel wifi via VPN for protection.

Thanks for any insight.
    08-06-2015 04:21 PM
    I recently downloaded textra to try it out and I'm loving it. I think I might keep it as my default message app. I have not experienced any issues with it with SwiftKey. Though recent updates from textra have stated they have fixed issues with third party keyboards. I love the speed at which bug fixes come out for this app.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this and the paid app? Is it just no ads or are there features only available in the paid app?
    Rose4uKY and Morty2264 like this.
    08-06-2015 05:35 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this and the paid app? Is it just no ads or are there features only available in the paid app?
    Mainly no ads / support the dev.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-06-2015 05:42 PM
    Yep. MeThinks it's just the ads. That in itself is worth it to me, but the DEV(s) of this app are really good. Their support, in my opinion, is well earned.
    Rose4uKY and Morty2264 like this.
    08-06-2015 09:49 PM
    I found out about this last week and I love it too! I made it my default and uninstalled Handcent which I used for years. I am really liking this and have already had and an update since I got it last weekend. I will gladly pay to support the DEV but for now it's not asking me too and I am not seeing ads yet but I am sure I will. I hate ads on handcent but I think it was a monthly fee I forget now. But this is my favorite texting app.

I recently downloaded textra to try it out and I'm loving it. I think I might keep it as my default message app. I have not experienced any issues with it with SwiftKey. Though recent updates from textra have stated they have fixed issues with third party keyboards. I love the speed at which bug fixes come out for this app.

08-07-2015 09:42 AM
    I made it my default and uninstalled Handcent which I used for years. I hate ads on handcent but I think it was a monthky fee I forget now. But this is my favorite texting app.
    Me too. I used handcent for years but when they started asking for a monthly fee and locked me out of sending group texts or images I bailed. Textra seems pretty good so far.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    08-07-2015 04:28 PM

I think its ads..

I used Google rewards. So no problem paying it up for me lol.

08-08-2015 11:32 AM
    I use textra here as well.
    I got it because it lets you customize individual text tone for each contact.

I really wish theyd give option to change individual thread backgrounds like the stock msgr..

Do you guys think textra drains the battery more then the stock.?

08-08-2015 11:34 AM
    Me too. I used handcent for years but when they started asking for a monthly fee and locked me out of sending group texts or images I bailed. Textra seems pretty good so far.
    Yeah I couldn't send pictures anymore I got some error message. Than it stopped filling in the person's name when sending a new text I would type the first couple letters and it wouldn't fill it in. I love textra!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    08-08-2015 12:29 PM
    I use stock tried a number of 3rd party apps but they always glitch at some point with an update.. The stock seems always reliable.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    08-08-2015 05:31 PM
    I use textra here as well.
    I got it because it lets you customize individual text tone for each contact.

I really wish theyd give option to change individual thread backgrounds like the stock msgr..

Do you guys think textra drains the battery more then the stock.?

Hmm. I haven't noticed a drain per se... I just allocate that to other uses, like Netflix and YouTube. :P But that is a good question. Maybe check your battery and see which apps use up the most juice?
    08-08-2015 10:21 PM
    Hmm. I haven't noticed a drain per se... I just allocate that to other uses, like Netflix and YouTube. :P But that is a good question. Maybe check your battery and see which apps use up the most juice?
    It literally says 0.1% of battery on my gsam battery app on my phone and textra is my default messenger app so I highly doubt it
    Attached Thumbnails Which messaging app?-1439097976476.jpg  
    08-09-2015 12:26 AM
    It literally says 0.1% of battery on my gsam battery app on my phone and textra is my default messenger app so I highly doubt it
    Yeah, I doubt it poses a drain issue. Just suggested it as an option to make sure.
    08-09-2015 09:16 AM
    stock and chomp... I've tried Swift key too
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    08-10-2015 06:02 AM
    stock and chomp... I've tried Swift key too
    I tried swift key didn't care for it. Chomp is the one sms I haven't tried but now that I found textra I'm good. I use Dragon/Swype as my keyboard and like it. Before that it was just HTC trace I always Swype or speak my text. But I haven't noticed a battery drain with textra.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
    08-10-2015 10:13 AM
    Textra

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    08-10-2015 11:19 AM
    Just switched to the new 4.0 hangouts. It's pretty solid

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    08-10-2015 11:42 AM
    I Prefer the stock Works Best ,does the job
    08-10-2015 11:54 AM
    I asked this question in the VPN thread but figured this might be a better place:

I'm interested in switching to Verizon Messages + when traveling abroad in order to send and receive texts via wifi with Verizon data shut off. Does anybody know if a VPN will inhibit this strategy? I like to connect to hotel wifi via VPN for protection.

Thanks for any insight.
    I generally have been fine with stock messenger but have been getting annoyed the SMS sent times are listed as the times you receive them. I had Textra on a prior phone and am considering going back. Does anybody know if you can still check both SMS sent and received time on S6 Lollipop via Textra? Thanks.
    08-10-2015 01:12 PM
    I use hangouts mostly because my dad had a Galaxy tracker, he doesn't own a phone, and we message each other when he's on WiFi of course. My only complaint with hangouts is that you can't send multiple picture in an MMS massage and its one by one... Other than that, I have no other team complaints.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Just switched to the new 4.0 hangouts. It's pretty solid

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    did you have issues with previous versions of hangouts rotating portrait pictures? I did and made it a no-go app. I still haven't had the 4.0 update hit my play store yet.

https://productforums.google.com/for...ts/5FKCFGr-UdY
    08-10-2015 04:25 PM
136 ... 3456