Which messaging app?

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
The one app Verizon has made that is worth a darn.... Verizon Message+. Great texting app, with tons of visual customizations. Also has ability to autoreply to text if it senses you're driving (sync'd to car bluetooth). Server side storage of texts, and restorations if you factory reset. Overall, the best texting app I've used that was free (with Verizon phones).
This one here! :cool:

anon(41372)

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Messenger mostly because of the aesthetics, but also because of the ability to archive conversations. Sometimes I don't want to see someone, but don't want to delete their conversation yet. A very handy feature for mental health.

Posted via the Android Central App

M Kind

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Currently, I'm using EvolveSMS. I really like the send text delay option. It has an option to send a text a few seconds after you click send. This way, if you spot an error in the text or just changed your mind, you can cancel the send.

Warren3000

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry guys just a bit off topic here but I cant seem to figure out how to block texts using the factory messaging app (not the Verizon message+ app) on my Verizon s6. Searching just shows to go to "more" on the top right when in the convo and then "add to spam numbers" or when you are in the main screen of the text app when you can see all your convos you can click on more then settings then spam filter. I don't have any of these "spam" options.

Last edited:

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I've used quite a few different messaging apps, but ended up going back to the stock messaging app on my Note 4.

anon(4297498)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Textra and Chomp are flawless apps--great all around. Google Messenger just can't seem to do MMS right, and for whatever reason, it glitches on my M8 so I get notifications from my stock app as well.

But generally, I stick with the M8's stock app.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Was using Textra for a while but it started to get glitchy and for some reason, many of the long press options on the SwiftKey keyboard wouldn't work within the Textra app. Went to Google Messenger and haven't looked back.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I use Google Messenger mostly because of the aesthetics, but also because of the ability to archive conversations. Sometimes I don't want to see someone, but don't want to delete their conversation yet. A very handy feature for mental health.

Wow that feature sounds handy.

I've never downloaded a thirty party messages app before but that feature sounds interesting

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You can archive/save threads with VZW messages. The best option (and I think only app that allows) is SMS over wifi. When I'm at the gym in the basement there is no service. I put on airplane mode, turn on wifi and text away! Works like a champ! I don't believe there are any spam options though. Other than that, it does everything.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can archive/save threads with VZW messages. The best option (and I think only app that allows) is SMS over wifi. When I'm at the gym in the basement there is no service. I put on airplane mode, turn on wifi and text away! Works like a champ! I don't believe there are any spam options though. Other than that, it does everything.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yeah others won't work like this for true SMS messages because they go through the cell signal.

The only others that can text via wifi are T-Mobile and Sprint users due to WiFi calling.

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the default msg app because I do not like ads and in-ap-purchases, etc... I have a couple questions after reading these posts.

1 - What are the in app purchases in CompSMS and Textra?
2 - Are there options for both of these apps to remove the ads (I searched for Textra Pro and didn't find anything)?

TIA
- Bob

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the default msg app because I do not like ads and in-ap-purchases, etc... I have a couple questions after reading these posts.

1 - What are the in app purchases in CompSMS and Textra?
2 - Are there options for both of these apps to remove the ads (I searched for Textra Pro and didn't find anything)?

TIA
- Bob

I can't remember, but I think the full version of Textra was 1.99. Well worth it imo.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, all I can find tho is the free version, what is the paid version called?
If you download the free version you get 2 weeks (I think) of all features, no ads. Then Textra will send a text saying your trial is up and offer the full version without ads. Tap on the link and it redirects to the Play Store.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm I just learned Google Messenger has quick reply ... I may have to give that a try. I would be shocked if it could take me away from ChompSMS (I have used that for years).

I'm not seeing that? Where is it in settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88