How can I get my wifi to disable without having me do it multiple times?

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
WiFi Question

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to an issue I'm having with WiFi. When I disable it, the first time it turns itself back on. When I disable it a second time again right away it stays off, any way to keep it off the first time? Sprint GS6.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: WiFi Question

Bring it to Sprint and ask them to please replace it with one that works. (That's what warranties are for.)

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

So its an issue with the phone and not a software bug or by design? I will check my wife's tonight. I'm still in my 14 days and if it is an issue I might swap to a Nexus 6.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Questions:

Do you use the notification drawer toggle to turn off WiFi?

-if so-

Do you try to toggle it off while on the lock screen?

-and-

Do you have a pin/password/f.print lock enabled?

Posted via the Android Central App

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Remove the check from both boxes problem solved, this also helps with battery life. Sprint uses it to cut down on mobile data by switching to WiFi every chance it gets.

Turn the Connections optimizer on or off on your Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge Sprint Connections Optimizer on or off - Samsung Galaxy S 6&id16=Turn Sprint Connections Optimizer on or off - Samsung Galaxy S 6#!/

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Remove the check from both boxes problem solved, this also helps with battery life. Sprint uses it to cut down on mobile data by switching to WiFi every chance it gets.

Turn the Connections optimizer on or off on your Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge Sprint Connections Optimizer on or off - Samsung Galaxy S 6&id16=Turn Sprint Connections Optimizer on or off - Samsung Galaxy S 6#!/

Funny thing is, my wife's GS6 doesn't do the same thing. Only difference is I have WiFi calling on and she has it off (horrible signal at work for some reason).

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Funny thing is, my wife's GS6 doesn't do the same thing. Only difference is I have WiFi calling on and she has it off (horrible signal at work for some reason).

So....try turning WiFi calling off to verify that's the culprit. If so, probably by design.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo