08-24-2015 07:30 PM
57 123
tools
    When I went to download the Samsung Galaxy s6 drivers in the installation for selecting language and country it didn't give Australia as an option. Does this matter and should I just select America as it is an installation?
    I don't think it matters, just select the first one you see.
    07-17-2015 01:51 PM
    I'm on 5.1.1 on the Sprint S6 and do not see these battery options. Does anyone else?

Thanks.
    Not there on my Sprint S6 with 5.1.1. Sprint must have cut it.
    skinneejay likes this.
    07-17-2015 01:54 PM
    I don't think it matters, just select the first one you see.
    So my phone has been saying "Downloading... do not turn off target" for about the last 15 minutes and Odin is on NAND write start. How long should I expect this to take?

Half an hour later it's STILL on the "Downloading... do not turn off target". This is what my log for Odin says:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> G920IDVU2COF8_G920IODD2COF8_G920IDVU2COF8_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!

It is still blue on Odin. Should I keep waiting?
    07-17-2015 04:12 PM
    So my phone has been saying "Downloading... do not turn off target" for about the last 15 minutes and Odin is on NAND write start. How long should I expect this to take?

Half an hour later it's STILL on the "Downloading... do not turn off target". This is what my log for Odin says:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!

It is still blue on Odin. Should I keep waiting?
    Well, I don't know if it finished yet, but certainly it's not normal, it shouldn't take more than 10 - 15 minutes at most to complete. I don't think it's drivers, if when you connected it, it was recognized and allowed you to begin flashing, as I'm seeing on the log you are showing, the drivers must be fine.

Again, I don't know if you managed to complete it or not, but if not, then try again, if as of now it's still stuck on that, it must have been failed. If it failed, don't exit your phone from download mode as I don't know if it may soft brick your phone and then you will need to look for how to shut it down and begin from scratch, so, without exiting Download mode, unplug your phone, I'd say that restart your computer and begin again the process.

I hope you have managed to flash it, a little of bad luck if you couldn't, this things fail but I don't really remember if I've had a failed flash before with Odin, anyway, good luck trying it again if it didn't complete.
    07-17-2015 04:59 PM
    Ok its official. I don't get this at all. Erasat I followed all directions and it got stuck in Odin mode
    07-17-2015 05:15 PM
    Ok its official. I don't get this at all. Erasat I followed all directions and it got stuck in Odin mode
    If it didn't finish then it just got stuck, did you try rebooting your Computer and trying again? Like I told you before, yes, I've heard of people with stuck odin while flashing, no, it has never happened to me, EVER, so, wow, sorry for that bad luck. Did you have latest Odin version? I think it's 3.10.6.

Where you at right now I think you just have 2 options, try again and see if you have better luck this time and hopefully it works, or try rebooting your phone also and see if it never really wrote anything, if it didn't, then your phone should boot normally and then you decide if you want to try it again, if for some reason it began writing and because it never completed it appears to be soft brick, then you MUST try it again and somehow trying to see what may be wrong because if not, your phone won't even boot.

BUT, I hope it was just a glitch and that by trying it again you can make it, when it works, and I really haven't seen t failing myself, it's very easy, just take about 10 minutes depending on the device and the size of the ROM.
    07-17-2015 05:24 PM
    If it didn't finish then it just got stuck, did you try rebooting your Computer and trying again? ike I told you before, yes, I've heard of people with stuck odin while flashing, no, it has never happened to me, EVER, so, wow, sorry for that bad luck. Did you have latest Odin version? I think it's 3.10.6.

Where you at right now I think you just have 2 options, try again and see if you have better luck this time and hopefully it works, or try rebooting your phone also and see if it never really wrote anything, if it didn't, then your phone should boot normally and then you decide if you want to try it again, if for some reason it began writing and because it never completed it appears to be soft brick, then you MUST try it again and somehow trying to see what may be wrong because if not, your phone won't even boot.

BUT, I hope it was just a glitch and that by trying it again you can make it, when it works, and I really haven't seen t failing myself, it's very easy, just take about 10 minutes depending on the device and the size of the ROM.
    For some reason when I downloaded Odin the instructions said to download 3.9 so now I'm confused. What do I need for this to work?

EDIT: ok here we go. I just read this.

"ODIN is a program used for rooting, installing custom recoveries, and installing stock firmwares for Samsung smartphones and tablets.

This is a program that can be run on any Windows computer. You will need the latest ODIN V3.10.6 to root latest Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. This ODIN is also backward-compatible with older Galaxy devices."

So I guess 3.09 doesn't work with the S6?
    07-17-2015 05:27 PM
    For some reason when I downloaded Odin the instructions said to download 3.9 so now I'm confused. What do I need for this to work?
    Download the latest Odin version, that maybe the issue, latest Odin contains most new devices drivers and stuff. Look for the latest file on the original thread here on XDA.

Again, you don't have too many choices now, just unplug your phone, leave it on Download Mode, download and run latest Odin (Create a separate folder to unzip the whole zip file on it) and I'd suggest you to reboot your PC and then try again, it should work, I hope that this time it works for you, there are a lot of telstra users over XDA that have done the same that you are trying to do, so if it worked for them, with same original Rom that you have, it must work for you.
    07-17-2015 05:32 PM
    Thanks for the link. I didn't know about the battery setting. Just clicked a bunch of apps to auto stop.
    erasat likes this.
    07-17-2015 05:40 PM
    Download the latest Odin version, that maybe the issue, latest Odin contains most new devices drivers and stuff. Look for the latest file on the original thread here on XDA.

Again, you don't have too many choices now, just unplug your phone, leave it on Download Mode, download and run latest Odin (Create a separate folder to unzip the whole zip file on it) and I'd suggest you to reboot your PC and then try again, it should work, I hope that this time it works for you, there are a lot of telstra users over XDA that have done the same that you are trying to do, so if it worked for them, with same original Rom that you have, it must work for you.
    Lol almost instantaneously on 3.10 it went straight passed the nand. Now it says this:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/005> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005> cm.bin
    <ID:0/005> boot.img
    <ID:0/005> recovery.img
    <ID:0/005> system.img

A green bar is also filling up. Wow I hate technology. If an old program is no longer relevant or up to date why doesn't it just get removed
    07-17-2015 05:41 PM
    Lol almost instantaneously on 3.10 it went straight passed the nand. Now it says this:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/005> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005> cm.bin
    <ID:0/005> boot.img
    <ID:0/005> recovery.img
    <ID:0/005> system.img

A green bar is also filling up. Wow I hate technology. If an old program is no longer relevant or up to date why doesn't it just get removed
    Yes, that's what it's supposed to do, it's writing your new ROM, just let it run until it finishes, your phone will reboot after that, just remember to not waste time and then turn it off and boot in Recovery Mode and wipe your cache and then wipe data/Full reset, just look while you are at the recovery mode, in your screen you should have the CSC code and firmware version displayed, just be sure that after you do the Wipes, it shows INU now instead of XSA, if it does, your done, you have successfully changed your region from Australia and specifically Telstra Carrier, to India. who knows, maybe your radio problems that you actually have with Telstra can be fixed also,
    07-17-2015 05:46 PM
    Yes, that's what it's supposed to do, it's writing your new ROM, just let it run until it finishes, your phone will reboot after that, just remember to not waste time and then turn it off and boot in Recovery Mode and wipe your cache and then wipe data/Full reset, just look while you are at the recovery mode, in your screen you should have the CSC code and firmware version displayed, just be sure that after you do the Wipes, it shows INU now instead of XSA, if it does, your done, you have successfully changed your region from Australia and specifically Telstra Carrier, to India. who knows, maybe your radio problems that you actually have with Telstra can be fixed also,
    I was about to ask you if I had read correctly when you said to do a factory reset and clearing the cache partition. For CSC code it says the following:

Manual mode

Appling Multi-CSC...
    Applied the CSC-code : TEL
    Successfully applied multi-csc
    07-17-2015 05:49 PM
    I was about to ask you if I had read correctly when you said to do a factory reset and clearing the cache partition. For CSC code it says the following:

Manual mode

Appling Multi-CSC...
    Applied the CSC-code : TEL
    Successfully applied multi-csc
    Yes, if you want to have it with India Region completely, then yes, do both, wipe cache partition and wipe data/full reset. Obviously, you needed the backups I told you earlier.

People are saying that if you don't do the wipe data it works and you don't lose data, but like I mentioned before, then you will have a Firmware version that was intended for a region with a CSC file that even when you can't see it there, it has multiple regions, TEL (tesltra) and INU (India), then I'm guessing it can prevent you from future OTA updates, if you can live with that, then don't do the Full reset, if you are like me that the OCD kills me for things like this, then do both Wipes, after you do that, it should show that the Applied CSC code is INU.

If by any chance, even after the reset it still shows TEL, then refer to the link I posted earlier in one my first posts to you in this thread, where it mentions that if you had the re-activation lock activated in Find My Mobile settings in the Security settings, you must turn that off first, and then it will change your CSC to INU.

So my advise is to boot normally, check first that you don't have the re-activation lock on and then decide if you want to do the full reset or not. But if you did the full reset before the flash, then it doesn't make sense to not do another one now.
    07-17-2015 05:57 PM
    Yes, if you want to have it with India Region completely, then yes, do both, wipe cache partition and wipe data/full reset. Obviously, you needed the backups I told you earlier.

People are saying that if you don't do the wipe data it works and you don't lose data, but like I mentioned before, then you will have a Firmware version that was intended for a region with a CSC file that even when you can't see it there, it has multiple regions, TEL (tesltra) and INU (India), then I'm guessing it can prevent you from future OTA updates, if you can live with that, then don't do the Full reset, if you are like me that the OCD kills me for things like this, then do both Wipes, after you do that, it should show that the Applied CSC code is INU.

If by any chance, even after the reset it still shows TEL, then refer to the link I posted earlier in one my first posts to you in this thread, where it mentions that if you had the re-activation lock activated in Find My Mobile settings in the Security settings, you must turn that off first, and then it will change your CSC to INU.

So my advise is to boot normally, check first that you don't have the re-activation lock on and then decide if you want to do the full reset or not.
    I did the factory reset and the clear cache partition. Whether or not it changed my phone CSC I don't know. I'm currently putting my data back from the smart switch and then I have to figure out how to do the Helium thing. Do I copy the folder onto my phone from my computer as a whole and then download the helium app? Thanks for all of your help. My phone is now 5.1.1 lol
    erasat likes this.
    07-17-2015 06:01 PM
    I did the factory reset and the clear cache partition. Whether or not it changed my phone CSC I don't know. I'm currently putting my data back from the smart switch and then I have to figure out how to do the Helium thing. Do I copy the folder onto my phone from my computer as a whole and then download the helium app? Thanks for all of your help. My phone is now 5.1.1 lol
    For the CSC information, you can get that info easily from Phone Info for Samsung from the Playstore, download it from here, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo, great little app.

Just copy your helium folder (carbon) from your PC to the root folder of the phone, then download your apps and Helium, when you are ready to do the restore, just open Helium and follow the instructions to do the restore, it will ask you where is the backup, just select internal Storage or device.
    07-17-2015 06:06 PM
    For the CSC information, you can get that info easily from Phone Info for Samsung from the Playstore, download it from here, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo, great little app.

Just copy your helium folder (carbon) from your PC to the root folder of the phone, then download your apps and Helium, when you are ready to do the restore, just open Helium and follow the instructions to do the restore, it will ask you where is the backup, just select internal Storage or device.
    I'm confused. What do you mean by the root folder?
    07-17-2015 06:10 PM
    Erasat I copied over my carbon folder to my phone and I went onto helium and selected internal storage and it said there was no backup. So weird
    07-17-2015 06:18 PM
    Erasat I copied over my carbon folder to my phone and I went onto helium and selected internal storage and it said there was no backup. So weird
    , if you simply copied your whole carbon folder to the device (Root folder is the main folder that you can see when you open your device storage) and if you go to carbon, you can see all your backup files in there and not a subfolder called carbon inside the original carbon folder, then it's very weird.

Try this, with Helium installed, then restore your Smart Switch backup but just for the applications, if you did the Smart Switch backup after you did the Helium backup I'm hoping that by doing this it can at least restore any catalog file that this app may had, if it doesn't work, just check that your backup files are in the carbon folder and there is just one carbon folder, then go to Application Manager and clear cache and data from Helium, then run Helium again and see if it works this time.

Good luck.
    07-17-2015 06:49 PM
    , if you simply copied your whole carbon folder to the device (Root folder is the main folder that you can see when you open your device storage) and if you go to carbon, you can see all your backup files in there and not a subfolder called carbon inside the original carbon folder, then it's very weird.

Try this, with Helium installed, then restore your Smart Switch backup but just for the applications, if you did the Smart Switch backup after you did the Helium backup I'm hoping that by doing this it can at least restore any catalog file that this app may had, if it doesn't work, just check that your backup files are in the carbon folder and there is just one carbon folder, then go to Application Manager and clear cache and data from Helium, then run Helium again and see if it works this time.

Good luck.
    I added back the data from the smart switch first. I found it weird too especially considering I have a whole folder of carbon files. It doesn't make sense to me
    07-17-2015 07:19 PM
    I added back the data from the smart switch first. I found it weird too especially considering I have a whole folder of carbon files. It doesn't make sense to me
    Did you try resetting Helium cache and data and trying again? It's very weird, I just restored my co-workers apps and data yesterday, the same I've explained to you, step by step, exactly the same and it worked as it has worked for me in the past before I paid for the full version that allows for Cloud backup storage. But I think I remember reading something similar from other users before, so if it keeps failing, do a google search to see if you can find a solution.

Anyways, if the smart Switch restore brought you must of your settings (Wifi, Wallpaper, and other settings in general), you decide if it worth the trouble to keep trying to restore your Helium backup, I'm just saying that sometimes we focus on something and waste too much time on it, and sometimes it is easier and less time consuming to just forget about the backup and begin from scratch with those apps. In my case, I have so many apps and data from so long that I'd hate to lose all that, but maybe that's not your case.
    07-17-2015 07:35 PM
    Did you try resetting Helium cache and data and trying again? It's very weird, I just restored my co-workers apps and data yesterday, the same I've explained to you, step by step, exactly the same and it worked as it has worked for me in the past before I paid for the full version that allows for Cloud backup storage. But I think I remember reading something similar from other users before, so if it keeps failing, do a google search to see if you can find a solution.

Anyways, if the smart Switch restore brought you must of your settings (Wifi, Wallpaper, and other settings in general), you decide if it worth the trouble to keep trying to restore your Helium backup, I'm just saying that sometimes we focus on something and waste too much time on it, and sometimes it was easier and less time consuming just forget about the backup and begin from scratch with those apps. In my case, I have so many apps and data from so long that I'd hate to lose all that, but maybe that's not your case.
    I guess it's lucky I only had the phone since may xd. Though now I gotta go through your battery bible thread all over again lol. From what I can see all of my apps came back via smart switch and I don't play games on my Samsung so maybe I'll just let it go and forget about the helium thing
    07-17-2015 07:42 PM
    I guess it's lucky I only had the phone since may xd. Though now I gotta go through your battery bible thread all over again lol. From what I can see all of my apps came back via smart switch and I don't play games on my Samsung so maybe I'll just let it go and forget about the helium thing
    Yes I think it will be a good idea, it’s a shame that Helium didn't work for you then, it would have been a lot better but, at least now you are on 5.1.1, remember to do what it has been discussed on this thread and see if it works better for you. And also, check LTE Discovery and/or SignalCheck Lite from the PlayStore, both of this apps will give you a better idea and detailed information on your network signal, there you'll have more information to go against Telstra with your claims.

But try with this new Firmware, see if by any chance you get better signal, maybe radios on this firmware are not screwed, if it works better, that tells you that it was always software related, if it's still have the poor signal you explained before, then they have some huge issues with their antennas and the radios on the S6.
    07-17-2015 09:13 PM
    Not there on my Sprint S6 with 5.1.1. Sprint must have cut it.
    Here is another Sprint user confirming that the details option is not in the Sprint 5.1.1 variant. :-(

Posted via the Android Central App on Samsung GS6
    07-18-2015 03:12 AM
    Here is another Sprint user confirming that the details option is not in the Sprint 5.1.1 variant. :-(

Posted via the Android Central App on Samsung GS6
    Still waiting for it on AT&T.
    07-18-2015 07:23 AM
    Still waiting for it on AT&T.
    Why not just flash it via odin?
    07-18-2015 07:33 AM
57 123