08-24-2015 07:30 PM
57 123
tools
    Why not just flash it via odin?
    Problem is that when it's a carrier's variant, it's not as easy as the International versions, I mean in your case, Telstra has their own firmware but they use it on the same model variant than an "International versions", so all hardware and radios are the same, hence why you can install any other SM-G920I version to yours and others, but when it's an specific model for Att, T-Mobile or any other carrier, you can't do that it will soft brick the phone.
    07-18-2015 09:47 AM
    Problem is that when it's a carrier's variant, it's not as easy as the International versions, I mean in your case, Telstra has their own firmware but they use it on the same model variant than an "International versions", so all hardware and radios are the same, hence why you can install any other SM-G920I version to yours and others, but when it's an specific model for Att, T-Mobile or any other carrier, you can't do that it will soft brick the phone.
    I guess there's at least one good thing about being in Australia with technology for once xd
    07-18-2015 10:03 AM
    Check this article from sammobile. Besides the always interesting new features or changes that is described on it, there is a whole section related to a bug fixed that prevented the use of the Detail button in the Battery screen.

Read it well as it may be a very good tool to help on standby battery life, I already set most of my apps that I'm not interested on keep it running because of possible notifications or any other reason, to Auto Stop, this will auto stop that app after 10 minutes you stop using it. So I'll have a better idea soon, but so far it seems that's working as advertised, my standby time seems to be better now.

Read the article, certainly interesting and if it works, it may be a great tool for all of us but even more for those with standby drain and have tried the other possible solution that have been posted.

Let use this thread to discuss about it.
    I have updated to 5.1.1 but i dont see a few of the things that the article says i should.

Posted via the GS6
    08-24-2015 01:12 PM
    I have updated to 5.1.1 but i dont see a few of the things that the article says i should.

Posted via the GS6
    Such as...? Which model and carrier?
    08-24-2015 02:51 PM
    Such as...? Which model and carrier?
    I have the s6 with verizon. The detail button in battery isnt there and S finder and quick connect toggles in the notification shade arnt showing. Thats just what i have noticed so far.

Posted via the GS6
    08-24-2015 03:25 PM
    I have the s6 with verizon. The detail button in battery isnt there and S finder and quick connect toggles in the notification shade arnt showing. Thats just what i have noticed so far.

Posted via the GS6
    Yes, that's typical of Verizon and AT&T, removing useful stuff or replace them with their own garbage. Again, shame on both, lately, I don't get tired of remind this and other stupid arrogant stuff that the 2 largest US carriers always do.

For some having the best cell reception is enough and just forgive them the rest of things, but for me, in addition to that the carrier MUST provide me the best all around service in all areas they cover; customer service, cell signal, best phones with everything as it was intended by the manufacturer, PROMPT updates, and no ugly logos that alters or damage the good looks of the phone.
    08-24-2015 06:06 PM
    I just came across this thread and I have an AT&T Note 5 using 5.1.1 and I'm not seeing this setting. Does anyone have a screen shot if this option?

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig
    08-24-2015 07:30 PM
57 123