What's new in 5.1.1 and some interesting Battery related stuff

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
For the CSC information, you can get that info easily from Phone Info for Samsung from the Playstore, download it from here, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo, great little app.

Just copy your helium folder (carbon) from your PC to the root folder of the phone, then download your apps and Helium, when you are ready to do the restore, just open Helium and follow the instructions to do the restore, it will ask you where is the backup, just select internal Storage or device.

I'm confused. What do you mean by the root folder?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Erasat I copied over my carbon folder to my phone and I went onto helium and selected internal storage and it said there was no backup. So weird

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Erasat I copied over my carbon folder to my phone and I went onto helium and selected internal storage and it said there was no backup. So weird

:-\, if you simply copied your whole carbon folder to the device (Root folder is the main folder that you can see when you open your device storage) and if you go to carbon, you can see all your backup files in there and not a subfolder called carbon inside the original carbon folder, then it's very weird.

Try this, with Helium installed, then restore your Smart Switch backup but just for the applications, if you did the Smart Switch backup after you did the Helium backup I'm hoping that by doing this it can at least restore any catalog file that this app may had, if it doesn't work, just check that your backup files are in the carbon folder and there is just one carbon folder, then go to Application Manager and clear cache and data from Helium, then run Helium again and see if it works this time.

Good luck.

Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
:-\, if you simply copied your whole carbon folder to the device (Root folder is the main folder that you can see when you open your device storage) and if you go to carbon, you can see all your backup files in there and not a subfolder called carbon inside the original carbon folder, then it's very weird.

Try this, with Helium installed, then restore your Smart Switch backup but just for the applications, if you did the Smart Switch backup after you did the Helium backup I'm hoping that by doing this it can at least restore any catalog file that this app may had, if it doesn't work, just check that your backup files are in the carbon folder and there is just one carbon folder, then go to Application Manager and clear cache and data from Helium, then run Helium again and see if it works this time.

Good luck.

I added back the data from the smart switch first. I found it weird too especially considering I have a whole folder of carbon files. It doesn't make sense to me

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I added back the data from the smart switch first. I found it weird too especially considering I have a whole folder of carbon files. It doesn't make sense to me

Did you try resetting Helium cache and data and trying again? It's very weird, I just restored my co-workers apps and data yesterday, the same I've explained to you, step by step, exactly the same and it worked as it has worked for me in the past before I paid for the full version that allows for Cloud backup storage. But I think I remember reading something similar from other users before, so if it keeps failing, do a google search to see if you can find a solution.

Anyways, if the smart Switch restore brought you must of your settings (Wifi, Wallpaper, and other settings in general), you decide if it worth the trouble to keep trying to restore your Helium backup, I'm just saying that sometimes we focus on something and waste too much time on it, and sometimes it is easier and less time consuming to just forget about the backup and begin from scratch with those apps. In my case, I have so many apps and data from so long that I'd hate to lose all that, but maybe that's not your case.

Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Did you try resetting Helium cache and data and trying again? It's very weird, I just restored my co-workers apps and data yesterday, the same I've explained to you, step by step, exactly the same and it worked as it has worked for me in the past before I paid for the full version that allows for Cloud backup storage. But I think I remember reading something similar from other users before, so if it keeps failing, do a google search to see if you can find a solution.

Anyways, if the smart Switch restore brought you must of your settings (Wifi, Wallpaper, and other settings in general), you decide if it worth the trouble to keep trying to restore your Helium backup, I'm just saying that sometimes we focus on something and waste too much time on it, and sometimes it was easier and less time consuming just forget about the backup and begin from scratch with those apps. In my case, I have so many apps and data from so long that I'd hate to lose all that, but maybe that's not your case.

I guess it's lucky I only had the phone since may xd. Though now I gotta go through your battery bible thread all over again lol. From what I can see all of my apps came back via smart switch and I don't play games on my Samsung so maybe I'll just let it go and forget about the helium thing

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's lucky I only had the phone since may xd. Though now I gotta go through your battery bible thread all over again lol. From what I can see all of my apps came back via smart switch and I don't play games on my Samsung so maybe I'll just let it go and forget about the helium thing

Yes I think it will be a good idea, it’s a shame that Helium didn't work for you then, it would have been a lot better but, at least now you are on 5.1.1, remember to do what it has been discussed on this thread and see if it works better for you. And also, check LTE Discovery and/or SignalCheck Lite from the PlayStore, both of this apps will give you a better idea and detailed information on your network signal, there you'll have more information to go against Telstra with your claims.

But try with this new Firmware, see if by any chance you get better signal, maybe radios on this firmware are not screwed, if it works better, that tells you that it was always software related, if it's still have the poor signal you explained before, then they have some huge issues with their antennas and the radios on the S6.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Why not just flash it via odin?

Problem is that when it's a carrier's variant, it's not as easy as the International versions, I mean in your case, Telstra has their own firmware but they use it on the same model variant than an "International versions", so all hardware and radios are the same, hence why you can install any other SM-G920I version to yours and others, but when it's an specific model for Att, T-Mobile or any other carrier, you can't do that it will soft brick the phone.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Problem is that when it's a carrier's variant, it's not as easy as the International versions, I mean in your case, Telstra has their own firmware but they use it on the same model variant than an "International versions", so all hardware and radios are the same, hence why you can install any other SM-G920I version to yours and others, but when it's an specific model for Att, T-Mobile or any other carrier, you can't do that it will soft brick the phone.

I guess there's at least one good thing about being in Australia with technology for once xd

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Check this article from sammobile. Besides the always interesting new features or changes that is described on it, there is a whole section related to a bug fixed that prevented the use of the Detail button in the Battery screen.

Read it well as it may be a very good tool to help on standby battery life, I already set most of my apps that I'm not interested on keep it running because of possible notifications or any other reason, to Auto Stop, this will auto stop that app after 10 minutes you stop using it. So I'll have a better idea soon, but so far it seems that's working as advertised, my standby time seems to be better now.

Read the article, certainly interesting and if it works, it may be a great tool for all of us but even more for those with standby drain and have tried the other possible solution that have been posted.

Let use this thread to discuss about it.

I have updated to 5.1.1 but i dont see a few of the things that the article says i should.

Posted via the GS6

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the s6 with verizon. The detail button in battery isnt there and S finder and quick connect toggles in the notification shade arnt showing. Thats just what i have noticed so far.

Posted via the GS6

Yes, that's typical of Verizon and AT&T, removing useful stuff or replace them with their own garbage. Again, shame on both, lately, I don't get tired of remind this and other stupid arrogant stuff that the 2 largest US carriers always do.

For some having the best cell reception is enough and just forgive them the rest of things, but for me, in addition to that the carrier MUST provide me the best all around service in all areas they cover; customer service, cell signal, best phones with everything as it was intended by the manufacturer, PROMPT updates, and no ugly logos that alters or damage the good looks of the phone.

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I just came across this thread and I have an AT&T Note 5 using 5.1.1 and I'm not seeing this setting. Does anyone have a screen shot if this option?

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781