Does anyone have any tips on easiest way to control music/podcast audio while driving and having another app open?

I like to listen to a podcast during my commute (using Podcast Addict for now), usually while Waze is the active app on the screen, but I've been having trouble pausing the playback or hitting fast forward (to go through commercials) while driving. Seems like the controls on the notification bar are too small and there is no skip ahead button there. Maybe I'm just getting used to my new phone, but I'm coming from a Windows Phone where it seemed a lot easier/safer to do.

Anything that can make the controls overlap the Waze app? Or make buttons larger and more useful after flicking on the notification bar? Is there a better podcast app that would have a setting that might help? Thanks!
    07-16-2015 08:55 PM
    Does anyone have any tips on easiest way to control music/podcast audio while driving and having another app open?

I like to listen to a podcast during my commute (using Podcast Addict for now), usually while Waze is the active app on the screen, but I've been having trouble pausing the playback or hitting fast forward (to go through commercials) while driving. Seems like the controls on the notification bar are too small and there is no skip ahead button there. Maybe I'm just getting used to my new phone, but I'm coming from a Windows Phone where it seemed a lot easier/safer to do.

Anything that can make the controls overlap the Waze app? Or make buttons larger and more useful after flicking on the notification bar? Is there a better podcast app that would have a setting that might help? Thanks!
    I use Waze and I just use the music controls in the notification menu. To skip a song I just hit the forward button.
    I have big hands and still works for me so I haven't tried finding a better option.

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    07-17-2015 11:38 AM
    Thanks for comment, but I wasn't looking to skip songs as much as fast forward or skip 30 seconds ahead (trying to avoid commercials or less interesting parts of podcasts during commute). I haven't seen that ability in the notification bar, and even pausing while driving I find somewhat tough with my not so large fingers.

I use Waze and I just use the music controls in the notification menu. To skip a song I just hit the forward button.
    I have big hands and still works for me so I haven't tried finding a better option.

07-17-2015 01:40 PM
    Thanks for comment, but I wasn't looking to skip songs as much as fast forward or skip 30 seconds ahead (trying to avoid commercials or less interesting parts of podcasts during commute). I haven't seen that ability in the notification bar, and even pausing while driving I find somewhat tough with my not so large fingers.
    Oh got it. The notification controls don't have the ability to fast forward like that. I'm thinking the only way is opening the app which isn't the best solution while driving.
    Perhaps others have better recommendations.

07-17-2015 10:27 PM
    Pocket Casts has decently large fast forward and rewind buttons on the notification shade view.
    07-18-2015 12:39 AM