Coming from a previous s3 user I jumped straight to the s6. When I did have the s3 (now sold) I had the option that every time I started the device from off I could enter a pin (number pin) and then that would unlock the device and then that would lead me to subsequently unlock the home screen (be it a pin, swipe etc). How do I set up the first mentioned in this post i.e upon booting the device from off to enter a pin which would then allow me to unlock the device via fingerprint unlock.

I just want added security but cannot find that option.

Many thanks

Android Central App (S6 White 64gb)
    07-17-2015 11:08 AM
    Coming from a previous s3 user I jumped straight to the s6. When I did have the s3 (now sold) I had the option that every time I started the device from off I could enter a pin (number pin) and then that would unlock the device and then that would lead me to subsequently unlock the home screen (be it a pin, swipe etc). How do I set up the first mentioned in this post i.e upon booting the device from off to enter a pin which would then allow me to unlock the device via fingerprint unlock.

I just want added security but cannot find that option.

Many thanks

Android Central App (S6 White 64gb)
    I think that what you need is to encrypt your device, it should do exactly what you want, plus if that's what you want, why not have the extra security of an encrypted device?

Go to Lock and Security-Other Security settings-Encrypt device.
    07-17-2015 01:01 PM