Hello,,,
    I picked up my new S6 from the Sprint store yesterday. I almost have all of my parameters set, outside of my pics & music from my S4 Mini (which I loved).
    The guy at the Sprint store helped me with the contacts, and also put all of my music/video/pics onto the 32G Micro SD that I installed in the phone about 18 months ago.
    I have the Micro Card, the Micro SD adapter to regular USB for my PC.

I've made separate folders on my PC from the card---Video-Music-Pics, but there's some stuff I'm not familiar with that shows up as well.
    My question is, what mode does my new S6 need to be in when I transfer this stuff to the phone?
    I will say that some of the music (I have a LOT) wasn't set up very well in my S4 Mini and thats my fault for being in a hurry, but it did what I wanted it to do.

I have the S6 plugged into my PC via charging cord/USB, and the Micro SD is in another USB port on the PC---I dont want to do something stupid, so maybe someone can give me a tip or two.
    And yes, I've looked around to see if theres a way (how) to do this....the guy at the Sprint store didnt seem to want to help in that regard, & that's okay.

Thank you for your time & help, and enjoy your weekend
    tcc

(should I take a pic of what opens when I put the Micro card in the PC and post it ?)

thanks again!
    07-17-2015 01:12 PM
    What you do, and how you do it, depends on what you want to do.

You should be able to get everything from the phone on the computer if the phone is in MTP mode.

But if you want the camera app to be able to save pictures to the SD card, you first have to put the card into the phone, then tell the camera app to save pictures to the external card. That way, it owns the folder it makes. Then take the card out, put it into the computer, plug the phone into the computer and drag the pictures from the phone to the folder on the card that the camera app made. (Windows doesn't care about Linux permissions, so it'll write anything to anywhere on the card.)

Do the same thing with any other app you want to write to the card. Run it first and tell it to save on the card, then plug the card into the computer and transfer files into that folder.

You can't do it on the phone (unless you're rooted) because your file manager doesn't have rights to the camera app's folder.

(Rooting and giving the user 'everyone' read and write rights to the card is actually the easiest way of doing things - it returns things to the way they were before KitKat, but a lot of people don't want to root their phones.)
    Valco18 likes this.
    07-17-2015 02:09 PM
    Well, that helped a little and I thank you for your time & expertise.. But all I'm wanting to do is put the music/vids/& pics *from* the card *to* the phone.

(I took the micro sd card out of my old s4 mini yesterday--it has ALL of the stuff on it.

In other words do I open the phones Gallery (with the little yellow flower) and drag the pics to it? Same thing with the music--Ive been working on that as well, organizing deleting etc. Do I open the "Music" icon on the phone and drag the music from the micro card to it?

Again, I'm not an expert & mostly uses this beautiful phone for pics/email on the go/texting and regular phone calls.

I can help anyone with a Nitro Top Fuel/ Funny Car engine tho !
    07-17-2015 02:52 PM