Sprint and the S6 in St.Louis MO?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That's apple and oranges to compare t mobile and sprint.

Your best bet is go to a sprint store and ask the people there if they personally own one or maybe a customer in the proximity will have an s6 and you could ask them.

Posted via the Android Central App

timdsmith72

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't wish Sprint on my worst enemy. Their service is terrible. Dropped calls. Data speeds <1Kb per second unless you're right next to a tower. (And that's in Dallas. Not in some dinky town in the middle of nowhere.)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
thinking of switching from ATT and iphone 6plus to Sprint and Galaxy S 6.. Can anyone comment on signal strenth and signal in the area?

Don't switch is my advice. Sprint is fair but not great and T-mobile is terrible around town and downtown it's abismal from my 1 month trying them out. AT&T has the best coverage all around and out in the counties. Verizon comes in second, but wouldn't recommend them for their lousy cs around here.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is great in my area. Might be great in yours as well. Go to the store and try one out.

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
According to the Root Metrics 1st half of 2015 report Sprint is #3 in this area. VZW / T-Mobile are tied for number 1. The report link is below.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/st-louis-mo/2015/1H

The problem I have with Root is I have driven in the areas that they have while testing and my results have been vastly different. Also I have completely lost service in some of the best coverage areas inside and in between buildings downtown.

I do know that the variances between devices plays a significant role in this,but how they can show such great coverage for some of the carriers here in St.Louis when there isn't any close towers is a mystery.

My Mobile Coverage app does a much better job than most with Open Signal App in second especially in the outlying communities and rural areas.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The problem I have with Root is I have driven in the areas that they have while testing and my results have been vastly different. Also I have completely lost service in some of the best coverage areas inside and in between buildings downtown.

I do know that the variances between devices plays a significant role in this,but how they can show such great coverage for some of the carriers here in St.Louis when there isn't any close towers is a mystery.

My Mobile Coverage app does a much better job than most with Open Signal App in second especially in the outlying communities and rural areas.

Sensorly.com is also a good one -- Remember no report or coverage map is perfect. For me it is the opposite -- The Root Metrics report from them for my city is pretty spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool