As you know I'm on a quest for a smaller case than a Defender for daily use and something that doesn't get dust under the screen so I decided to go to Sams and get the Commuter since they are the cheapest price around.

Anyways I got home and took it out of the packaging and the silicone on the one side is deformed and won't fit snug to the. Even with the phone not in the case and just looking at the silicone you can tell it is deformed and warped.

So I'll be going to return it. I had a commuter for the S3 and the quality on that was a lot better. This one seems cheap and nowhere near as good as the Defender.

On the Amazon reviews a couple people have posted pics with their Commuter's because it has the same defect with the sides being deformed or loose.

I guess I'll just stick with the Defender.

I notice it's very hard to find cases other than Defender and Commuter. Most of the stores around here carry mostly Otterbox and not many other options for rugged protection.

Does Otterbox own most of the shelf space or something now?
    07-20-2015 06:23 PM
    I had a couple of saggy rubbers and Otterbox sent me out replacements right away that work great. I have 20 plus S6 cases and the Commuter is my favorite case that I use daily. Try the UAG, its a great case that keeps the S6 real thin and has no saggy rubber.

I'm also going to order the Incipio Dualpro in that lime color soon.

I believe that I saw the Dualpro at Sam's also but not in the wild lime color.
    07-20-2015 06:44 PM
    I had a couple of saggy rubbers and Otterbox sent me out replacements right away that work great. I have 20 plus S6 cases and the Commuter is my favorite case that I use daily. Try the UAG, its a great case that keeps the S6 real thin and has no saggy rubber.

I'm also going to order the Incipio Dualpro in that lime color soon.

I believe that I saw the Dualpro at Sam's also but not in the wild lime color.
    The Dualpro looks like a better Defender. However that Canadian guy who does all the iPhone case droptest on youtube broke his when trying to take the silicone off.

I didn't see the Incipio's at Sams today. They are usually right by the Otterboxes but I could not find the display anywhere at the store. I dunno maybe my store just isn't carrying them. The UAG looks decent but of course none of the stores carry it in stock around here. I need to order a armband off Amazon so maybe I'll think about throwing that in too.

20 cases???? That is like over half the cost of the phone depending on what kind of case!!

I thought about the Spigen Tough armor too, but not digging the sharp edges and hard type material. I thought about the Ballistic Tugeson or tough jacket but it looks even more bulky that a Defender.
    07-20-2015 07:25 PM
    I played with the Ballistic cases at Best Buy and they have super loose and saggy rubber on the bottom near the charge port.

If the UAG had port covers and the power and volume rockers were not open it would be one of my favorite cases for sure. I have 3 different flavors of the UAG here. Black, White & Orange.
    07-20-2015 09:56 PM
    I have the commuter. The only reason I didn't return it was that I live outside the US and it was going to be a hassle to send it back. Same complaints about the build quality. I'm using the rhinoshield crashguard bumper with their screen and back protector. It's on the expensive side, but it does feel great. If you haven't seen Erica Griffin's YouTube video where she smashes the hell out of a S6 with this bumper, do so.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-20-2015 11:10 PM
    I have a speck candyshell grip case. Love it!

Joe
    Kalispell, MT
    Verizon, 64g galaxy s6
    07-20-2015 11:30 PM
    I played with the Ballistic cases at Best Buy and they have super loose and saggy rubber on the bottom near the charge port.

If the UAG had port covers and the power and volume rockers were not open it would be one of my favorite cases for sure. I have 3 different flavors of the UAG here. Black, White & Orange.
    Which ones? All the best buys within like 300 miles of me only carry the Ballistic Tungsten which is an exclusive Best Buy case. Those do seem really saggy. Did your best buy have the Tough Jacket Maxx or Tough jacket? They look like they're built better than the Tungsten.
    07-20-2015 11:39 PM
    Which ones? All the best buys within like 300 miles of me only carry the Ballistic Tungsten which is an exclusive Best Buy case. Those do seem really saggy. Did your best buy have the Tough Jacket Maxx or Tough jacket? They look like they're built better than the Tungsten.
    It was the Ballistic with the metal like back, Tungsten? I have the tough jacket and tough jacket maxx for the Note 4 and the rubber on both are super saggy and loose. I like the Ballistic cases except the silicone they use is super soft and everything under the sun sticks to it. If you have lint in your pocket the Ballistic tough jacket will remove it with ease.

There is a good picture of that saggy Ballistic rubber in this eBay sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BALLISTIC-Tough-Jacket-Case-Cover-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-GS6-White-Black-/281644165170?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41934ce832
    07-21-2015 09:15 AM