07-25-2015 05:30 PM
38 12
tools
    so stores may be able to fix it then? no one is really answering the qustion
    To be honest, the damage from liquid might end up costing as much to repair as buying a new phone, that's if you can even find somebody to do it.
    07-22-2015 11:21 AM
    Cry.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-22-2015 01:52 PM
    Get an S6 Active and loose that friend of yours.
    Nice phone - big battery too. Great if your carrier is AT&T, wouldn't switch carriers to get it though.
    07-22-2015 08:02 PM
    This is why I have never gone for any kind of "trade-in" program when I buy a new phone. My old phone is "insurance" if I break the new one. I haven't damaged a phone yet -- and I haven't had a phone near a pool, ever.
    07-22-2015 09:03 PM
    This is why I have never gone for any kind of "trade-in" program when I buy a new phone. My old phone is "insurance" if I break the new one. I haven't damaged a phone yet -- and I haven't had a phone near a pool, ever.
    Same here - my S4 lies in wait. Got in this habit when my teenager was going through phones monthly...
    07-22-2015 09:25 PM
    I think you should get a replacement instead
    07-23-2015 11:02 AM
    Just some helpful advice
    -Never plug your phone in after you get it wet until you are certain it is completely dry
    -Rice doesnt really work
    -there are stores that have machines that will dry out your phone 100% in about an hour (TCC its called redux)
    -if you already fried it before you dried it file a claim and get a replacement TMP on Verizon now covers water damage
    07-24-2015 08:07 PM
    Just some helpful advice
    -Never plug your phone in after you get it wet until you are certain it is completely dry
    -Rice doesnt really work
    -there are stores that have machines that will dry out your phone 100% in about an hour (TCC its called redux)
    -if you already fried it before you dried it file a claim and get a replacement TMP on Verizon now covers water damage
    ...and it won't matter if it had been turned off when it went in the water since there is always power to the switch when there is a battery in it...
    07-24-2015 09:55 PM
    Just some helpful advice
    -Rice doesnt really work
    Rice does work. It's a natural moisture receiver. The key is that you have to use alot of it in an air tight container and have patients. Most put it in a bag with rice and say WTF? it didn't work after only being in there for a few hours. You have to let it sit for 24 to 48 hours, or longer, for it to work. I know, I've done it many times. Key word is patients.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-25-2015 07:16 AM
    I remember a TV programme that introduced a bag that you put a water-damaged phone into, which contains something to remove the impurities in the water that bound to the circuits. The thing is, I can't remember the name of the product, but it did work.

Just found a link to a possible solution: http://www.amazon.co.uk/607/dp/B008K...cUvbUpU4572489
    07-25-2015 07:30 AM
    I remember a TV programme that introduced a bag that you put a water-damaged phone into, which contains something to remove the impurities in the water that bound to the circuits. The thing is, I can't remember the name of the product, but it did work.

Just found a link to a possible solution: http://www.amazon.co.uk/607/dp/B008K...cUvbUpU4572616
    I think it's called the Bheestie bag.
    07-25-2015 09:18 AM
    Same here - my S4 lies in wait. Got in this habit when my teenager was going through phones monthly...
    Wow, I think I'd tell my teenager to make their phone last the two year cycle. Anytime before that it's on them to pay for it.
    07-25-2015 04:44 PM
    Wow, I think I'd tell my teenager to make their phone last the two year cycle. Anytime before that it's on them to pay for it.
    Yeah, probably should have done that sooner, and ultimately did. Now they are older and quite responsible - more than I was at their age, so we must have done something right...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-25-2015 05:30 PM
38 12