Battery charging acting weird

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
When I charge my phone and it's been on 100% for a while I take it off the charger and it automatically says 99%. Then I put it back on the charger and wait for it to say 100% again and the same thing happens. It will drain from 99-96% in less than half an hour. Does anyone have any suggestions?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I charge my phone and it's been on 100% for a while I take it off the charger and it automatically says 99%. Then I put it back on the charger and wait for it to say 100% again and the same thing happens. It will drain from 99-96% in less than half an hour. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Once the device reaches 100% it will stop charging and will start to discharge slightly, even though it's still connected to a charging source. What you are experiencing is normal. I'm not sure about the S6, but the G3 provides a pop-up that says to disconnect the device from the charging source once it reaches 100% to preserve the battery and prevent damage to the battery (over charging). Let us know if you have any other questions.