Battery has me already looking into the next round of phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like this s6 from the size to smoothness and especially the build quality. The only thing that I can't get over is the battery or lack thereof. I'm typing at 9:55am at 53% and I had the phone at 93% when I woke up at 6:30am. I have only been checking the phone for emails, Facebook and typing for about 10 minutes total. The other weird issue I have is when I plug the phone in and it reads 100%, it immediately goes to 98% the second I unplug it. Very odd. So my take it that Samsungs priorities are all screwed up. So this Fall, I'll be looking at the next Moto, Nexus, Love Sony or possibly I dare say Iphone 6s or whatever they call it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, the next Moto should be announced next week. That will be interesting. Hopefully, the next Nexus is a 2 phone release as well. Gives everyone more choices.

As far as you battery is concerned, without seeing any battery stats, Facebook can sometimes be a battery hog, depending on the settings for how often it refreshes.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Lol I posted on the unplugging and it going to 99 or 99% immediately on the phone earlier on here too. It's weird

I can do this with any phone. My m8, Asus zf2, and my friend's G4. Of all the phones listed, the G4 is the quickest to drop to 99%. All on AT&T Btw.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, the next Moto should be announced next week. That will be interesting. Hopefully, the next Nexus is a 2 phone release as well. Gives everyone more choices.

As far as you battery is concerned, without seeing any battery stats, Facebook can sometimes be a battery hog, depending on the settings for how often it refreshes.

I am looking forward to the Moto announcement :D.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This may be, but through about 20 smartphones, this is the only one I've experienced the battery drop.

I have experienced it with other phones. Not every phone will do it but it dropping 1% or so isn't uncommon.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I'm about to switch back to my iterd because i know it lasts me all day till i get an upgrade and new phones are out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I'm about to switch back to my iterd because i know it lasts me all day till i get an upgrade and new phones are out.

I am not. I am pretty happy with my G4 :). I am curious to see what Moto is announcing soon.

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there is/are a bad batch of S6 phones, as I can take mine off the charger at 6:30am and put it back on the charger at 11:00pm at night and have anywhere from 40% left on some nights and then others I'll have lower, think lowest I had was 12% but it's always lasted me through the day.

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if there is/are a bad batch of S6 phones, as I can take mine off the charger at 6:30am and put it back on the charger at 11:00pm at night and have anywhere from 40% left on some nights and then others I'll have lower, think lowest I had was 12% but it's always lasted me through the day.
I'm wondering that too. My S6 can go 24 hours with 4-5 hours screen time pretty much every time I take it off the charger. I only drain about 1-2% overnight as well. I use mine normally with GPS, NFC, Bluetooth, Wifi and Data on all day 24/7 (I never turn off my phone). I play a lot of games (NBA Jam, Asphalt 8, GBA emulators) and stream a lot of music (GPM). All stock, with no root. All these post about the S6 battery being bad are so confusing too me.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Pretty much the same for me. My s6 battery is easily comparable to my old s5. It's also pretty much identical to my iPhone 6 battery life. I consider myself a heavy user as well, though I rarely do any gaming

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well even if it's true that there are "bad batches", which I'm not so sure, the inconsistency is unacceptable to me. It shouldn't happen.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll be looking at the new I turd in September. If it gets good battery life and they add some ram... I just may..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well even if it's true that there are "bad batches", which I'm not so sure, the inconsistency is unacceptable to me. It shouldn't happen.

It is more battery technology than anything. Just like some phones (even my iPhone 6+) had dead zones where they sat at 100% for a long time which made it look like it wasn't draining but then would rapidly drop through the 90% section till it returned to being stable.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Just about everyone who reviews this device and countless threads on these and other forums and people are still wondering if there was a "bad batch of phones".

This device has a mediocre battery, everything else is great.

That's about the jist of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe folks are all of a sudden looking the iPhone for a options as a battery upgrade really did I miss something. ..not . The iPhone has historically had week battery. Here's a thought get a battery case there cheap on eBay I got one for my gs6 32 gold edge and I'm more then happy . If amazes me with all the Android options to choose from you guys will jump ship to the dark side so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta