When I open the phone app, I want it to display the keypad/dialer by default. This is how it worked on my S3. Is there a way to change this setting? If not, any recommendations for a replacement phone app?

It seems silly to me that this is not the default behavior already. If I initiate opening the phone app, vs answering a call, it is most likely because I want to phone someone. Instead, the app seems to open to whatever you were doing last (viewing the call log, favorites, contacts). I shouldn't have to press an additional key to get to the dialer. It's a PHONE app for goodness sakes!
    07-23-2015 01:49 PM
    Some people prefer having it open to the last thing they were doing, some prefer it opening to the dial pad (and I'm one of them). Google chose to have it open to the last thing you were doing. (The only device that does exactly what you want the way you want is the one you designed yourself, whether it's a phone or a microwave oven - I can't stand having to press the "Time Cook" button on mine to enter a cooking time.)
    07-23-2015 03:11 PM