How do I get rid of gradient from top and bottom of homescreen?

joeb1993

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
For a while now I've notice a gradient on the bottom and top of home screen. I first noticed it when I wanted to apply an all black wallpaper, it makes some of the wallpapers I want look weird with the gradient. It doesn't matter which launcher I use, it's always like that. I don't want to reset my phone because I don't want to have to re-download my apps and update them. I'm not sure if it's from the latest update because it wasn't like that when I first got this phone. Also, it's not like that on every page, just the home screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-23-19-35-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-23-19-35-56.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 55

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know you said Launcher does not matter, but could you post a screen shot using Nova Launcher please?

--
Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
For a while now I've notice a gradient on the bottom and top of home screen. I first noticed it when I wanted to apply an all black wallpaper, it makes some of the wallpapers I want look weird with the gradient. It doesn't matter which launcher I use, it's always like that. I don't want to reset my phone because I don't want to have to re-download my apps and update them. I'm not sure if it's from the latest update because it wasn't like that when I first got this phone. Also, it's not like that on every page, just the home screen.

I see the gradient. It's not your phone, it's the wallpaper. See, some wallpapers are designed to do just that, be gradient to distinguish the notification bar from the homescreen. But in your case, the wallpaper your using isn't at native resolution. If you use a 1440×2560 wallpaper, that gradient will disappear unless the wallpaper is designed to do that. Anything less than native, say 600×800, the phone will zoom in causing it to look like poo poo.

Posted via the Android Central App

carter79

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Just a quicky.. I love the 'worded' clock on your home screen.
Where did you get that from?

Posted via the Android Central App