Hi guys,

I'm a Samsung Galaxy S4 user who ended up hating my phone because it would overheat when:
    1) Using GPS/navigation (causing phone to shut off)
    2) Wifi tethering

The S4 also used really cheap plastic to build.

Does any S6 user encounter overheating issues? I don't mean just warm, I mean hot enough for the phone to auto-turn off or hurt your hand a bit. I intend to use Wifi tethering, so would really like to know.
    07-24-2015 08:49 PM
    Mine has definitely gotten very hot to the point that it was hurting my hands but I think that's because of the metal around the phone. It doesn't hurt when I'm touching it where the case is, but the buttons are exposed in my case so when I go to press them while my phone is really hot it does hurt my finger.

I haven't actually had this phone ever shut down or give me an over heating message so I guess I'm either really sensitive to heat or the phone has never gotten to a really hot temperature.

Hope this helps!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-24-2015 08:59 PM
    Mine has definitely gotten very hot to the point that it was hurting my hands but I think that's because of the metal around the phone. It doesn't hurt when I'm touching it where the case is, but the buttons are exposed in my case so when I go to press them while my phone is really hot it does hurt my finger.

I haven't actually had this phone ever shut down or give me an over heating message so I guess I'm either really sensitive to heat or the phone has never gotten to a really hot temperature.

Hope this helps!

It does help! I'm weary of buying Samsung phones again due to overheating. My S4 would shut down because the system detects that it was too hot and was becoming dangerous (really true) and it would shut off to prevent problems like melting or exploding (which actually happened to a few S4 owners).
    07-24-2015 09:07 PM
    bump
    07-25-2015 01:54 AM
    I have been using GPS to track my cycling routes, so it's constantly on, and not had any problems with heat.
    If a phone overheats through standard use and not covered by anything to block too much air flow, wouldn't that be a defective unit or battery?
    07-25-2015 02:10 AM
    I have been using GPS to track my cycling routes, so it's constantly on, and not had any problems with heat.
    If a phone overheats through standard use and not covered by anything to block too much air flow, wouldn't that be a defective unit or battery?
    No, it's normal for devices to heat up.

07-25-2015 03:46 AM
    No, it's normal for devices to heat up.

Yes, but OVERheating (caps for emphasis not argumentation) is not normal, which is why it's to OVERheat rather than to heat.
    07-25-2015 07:44 AM
    I guess I received a defective unit (used Qualcomm processors which were also known to overheat) so maybe that's the problem :\ never tried switching it. Will put whatever new phone to the max test.
    07-25-2015 09:15 AM