Hi everyone thanks for looking at this post. My girlfriend dropped her phone and now the screen is just black and unresponsive. I want to know if there is any way I can back the phone up before I make the insurance claim as they will take the broken phone and give her a new one. I would have thought I would been able to use kies but when I tried today it says that this device is connected via smart switch. I've never used this smart switch but I'm guessing the software has to be installed on the phone which it's not and to use smart switch I would need access to the screen. Is there a software I can use to allow me to back the phone up without using the device screen?? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading the whole post without getting bored and clicking back lol. Thanks in advance
    07-25-2015 11:00 AM
    Hi everyone thanks for looking at this post. My girlfriend dropped her phone and now the screen is just black and unresponsive. I want to know if there is any way I can back the phone up before I make the insurance claim as they will take the broken phone and give her a new one. I would have thought I would been able to use kies but when I tried today it says that this device is connected via smart switch. I've never used this smart switch but I'm guessing the software has to be installed on the phone which it's not and to use smart switch I would need access to the screen. Is there a software I can use to allow me to back the phone up without using the device screen?? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading the whole post without getting bored and clicking back lol. Thanks in advance
    When plugging in using USB.
    Doesn't the device appear as a separate drive in which you can look in the phone's folders?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-25-2015 01:32 PM
    What exactly do you need to back up ? Was her contacts synced with her gmail account?

07-25-2015 01:35 PM
    Go to the Smart Switch section to get the software.

Open Smart Switch, plug the phone in, let it install the drivers if it needs to, and click to backup.

Once you get the replacement device, open it up, plug your phone in, and click to restore.

themez2121 likes this.
    07-25-2015 02:03 PM
    Just curious, what were to conditions when she dropped it, how high, was it in a case, what kind of surface?
    07-25-2015 02:44 PM
    Well she didn't exactly drop it herself. it was charging on the arm of a chair and it fell about 2 and a half feet on to a marble fire place there was a slight hair line crack at first. This happened about 6 weeks ago but the fault with the screen only appeared last night which I find quite strange. any ideas what might have caused this delayed reaction to the initial drop ??
    07-25-2015 04:07 PM
    Thanks I will try it now
    07-25-2015 04:07 PM
    When plugging in using USB.
    Doesn't the device appear as a separate drive in which you can look in the phone's folders?

Yes it does appear which allows me to back up photos and music but I dont know how to back up things like contacts from this location.
    07-25-2015 04:09 PM
    What exactly do you need to back up ? Was her contacts synced with her gmail account?

I mean I want to create a copy of her phone which I will be able to use to restore her new phone when she receives it.
    07-25-2015 04:10 PM
    I mean I want to create a copy of her phone which I will be able to use to restore her new phone when she receives it.
    If her gmail account was set to sync her contacts, apps or whatever, then you just need to sign in on her replacement. If not, then that's a problem. If she has whatsapp, then copy the whatsapp folder from the device and put it on the same path on the replacement before opening whatsapp for the first time.

07-25-2015 05:57 PM