Hello, Samsung Galaxy S6 user here. My right side soft key light will not light up AT ALL and rarely will not respond to my touch, I am pretty sure it was my cause since some water happened to get to the bottom right corner.
    Anyways, would it he possible just to soak that area in Isopropyl alchohol? Or should I take it apart and aim that area to clean? Or would I need to get a replacement part? I do not have warranty or coverage for damage what so ever. Thanks - fareastpanda

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-26-2015 06:22 PM
    Hello, Samsung Galaxy S6 user here. My right side soft key light will not light up AT ALL and rarely will not respond to my touch, I am pretty sure it was my cause since some water happened to get to the bottom right corner.
    Anyways, would it he possible just to soak that area in Isopropyl alchohol? Or should I take it apart and aim that area to clean? Or would I need to get a replacement part? I do not have warranty or coverage for damage what so ever. Thanks - fareastpanda

Posted via the Android Central App
    You could use alcohol to displace moisture, then allow it to dry - but if you get electronics wet while on or even if off and the battery connected, chances are pretty good that you've fried something and repair will require parts. The challenge is that parts may not be available except to Samsung, particularly if it's something non-typical. Your best bet is to send it in to Samsung for non-warranty repair. If fixable, probably cheaper than a new phone. Obvious lesson learned regarding insurance with accident protection - expensive as hell but nothing like the cost of ruining a newish phone.
    07-26-2015 06:41 PM
    You could use alcohol to displace moisture, then allow it to dry - but if you get electronics wet while on or even if off and the battery connected, chances are pretty good that you've fried something and repair will require parts. The challenge is that parts may not be available except to Samsung, particularly if it's something non-typical. Your best bet is to send it in to Samsung for non-warranty repair. If fixable, probably cheaper than a new phone. Obvious lesson learned regarding insurance with accident protection - expensive as hell but nothing like the cost of ruining a newish phone.
    This, unfortunately, the damage is already done. Best bet is sending it into Samsung and they will look at it and give you a quote on how much it will cost to repair the device, if it's repairable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 06:52 PM