08-23-2015 06:30 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    Love it! I normally use go launcher but it slows my s6 down so I switched to nova, haven't looked back or regretted it. The prime features rock

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-30-2015 04:28 AM
    So I just downloaded Nova Prime. It'll be my first time using a 3rd party launcher. I've only used Sense in the past. Any good pointers, tips, add-ons to give?
    07-31-2015 05:08 PM
    So I just downloaded Nova Prime. It'll be my first time using a 3rd party launcher. I've only used Sense in the past. Any good pointers, tips, add-ons to give?
    Cutting the cord on TouchWiz and using replacement icon packs does away with stock icon notifications, so you'll likely want to grab TeslaUnread while you're at it (and enable it for whatever apps you wish). Also, give the custom gestures a try and set up your own -- it's really a great feature, IMO.

Other than that, customize away with your desired wallpaper and icon packs, and be sure to back up end results you're happy with so you can access and restore them at a later date. Nova's capabilities will become quite clear in short order with some experimentation. Enjoy!

Edited to add as an afterthought: when experimenting with icon packs, it helps to make sure they include dynamic calendar support, to ensure the current date is preserved on your calendar icon. If that's not a concern for your use, don't sweat it.
    msm0511 likes this.
    07-31-2015 05:30 PM
    Yes.
    /Thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    07-31-2015 05:56 PM
    Play around with gestures and swipe up actions. Mix them with Nova actions and activities. A couple of examples.

If you have two different email accounts use the same icon to open both of them, one after you tap and the other one swiping up.

With folders use it to go to your most used app in it.

With your notes app tap to open and swipe up to go straight to start a new note. Endless choices. It's a powerful trick once you get used to it. Feel free to ask if you need help with this.
    Saros, msm0511 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-31-2015 06:01 PM
    Can someone explain why some of my apps start from scratch (main menu) when they are running in background, when I click on app icon? If I select from menu list it continues where I left off...very annoying. Example is this app, AC.

I switched back to TW and it was doing the same thing. In the efforts of everyone encouraging users to give it a shot I will give Nova a try for a while. I do see a drastic speed improvement over TW and like I can remove labels and customize. I see the options avaliable for prime and I'm still not sold, not too sure how I much I care about the gestures.

08-02-2015 10:40 AM
    This is Nova Prime on my S3 running CM12.1

Lovely
    Attached Thumbnails Is it worth the cost: Nova Prime-1438532304501.jpg  
    08-02-2015 11:18 AM
    $5 to replace TW with the best launcher available, on a $600 device, yeah definitely worth it!

08-02-2015 12:57 PM
    Oh yes, it is so worth it! You can always get the Google Opinion Rewards app and in no time at all you will have accrued enough $$ to pay for it...and an icon pack or two or three...
    08-02-2015 05:51 PM
    This is Nova Prime on my S3 running CM12.1

Lovely
    What weather widget is that?

Edit-I found it on the play store. Pretty awesome!
    08-02-2015 07:20 PM
    When you are on a pension even something as "small" as $5 matters. Especially when that is in American dollars and the currency rate between America and Australia is so bad at the moment
    I have to say if that is the case, buy a new $300 Moto G. Can't imagine why you'd buy a $600 phone on a limited budget anyway.

$5 app doesn't sound like the real budget issue if you can afford an S6.

--
    Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?
    08-02-2015 09:00 PM
    I have to say if that is the case, buy a new $300 Moto G. Can't imagine why you'd buy a $600 phone on a limited budget anyway.

--
    lol, seriously ... I get living on a fixed income, but to bring that up when you're talking about a $600+ device seems kinda ridiculous! get that rewards app, you'll have $5 in a month

08-03-2015 02:02 AM

--
    I didn't buy my phone outright... I pay $4 a month over 24 months added onto my contract for my phone. What's this $600 nonsense you are talking about?
    08-03-2015 03:16 AM
    I didn't buy my phone outright... I pay $4 a month over 24 months added onto my contract for my phone. What's this $600 nonsense you are talking about?
    how far into your previous contract were you in before you extended it another 24 months? typically, if you purchase your phone at full retail price up front, you end up saving money on your monthly plan (I save $15 a month on VZ). coincidentally, you would save $600 every 2 years. there are many financing programs available to, like 0% interest for 18 months, so if you take that route, and decide to sell your phone when you decide to switch phones, it could benefit you financially in the long run. the point being, you're paying that $600 either way, out just comes down to how it's structured.

as far as your question though, some people have suggested signing up for the Rewards app, which consists of a few questions in exchange for 10-35 cents towards your Google Play account. You'll easily accumulate that $5 in a month so hopefully that'll alleviate the burden and you can still get the Nova Prime, which is well worth the cost IMO.

08-03-2015 03:56 AM
    how far into your previous contract were you in before you extended it another 24 months? typically, if you purchase your phone at full retail price up front, you end up saving money on your monthly plan (I save $15 a month on VZ). coincidentally, you would save $600 every 2 years. there are many financing programs available to, like 0% interest for 18 months, so if you take that route, and decide to sell your phone when you decide to switch phones, it could benefit you financially in the long run. the point being, you're paying that $600 either way, out just comes down to how it's structured.

as far as your question though, some people have suggested signing up for the Rewards app, which consists of a few questions in exchange for 10-35 cents towards your Google Play account. You'll easily accumulate that $5 in a month so hopefully that'll alleviate the burden and you can still get the Nova Prime, which is well worth the cost IMO.

What are you talking about? It doesn't "add up to $600". If I pay $4 for 24 months that's $96 for the phone all up. I'm on a 24 month contract with Telstra and $4 is added on each month on the contract for my phone

Thanks for the suggestion though
    08-03-2015 04:40 AM
    lol, seriously ... I get living on a fixed income, but to bring that up when you're talking about a $600+ device seems kinda ridiculous! get that rewards app, you'll have $5 in a month

I didn't pay $600 for the phone. Once the contract is up I will have only paid $96 for it all up...
    08-03-2015 04:51 AM
    What are you talking about? It doesn't "add up to $600". If I pay $4 for 24 months that's $96 for the phone all up. I'm on a 24 month contract with Telstra and $4 is added on each month on the contract for my phone

Thanks for the suggestion though
    I understand that it's an additional $4 per month. what is that in addition to though?

for instance, if your total bill was $45 per month and now it's $49 per month, well that could mean $15 of that $45 was going towards whatever phone you previously had. now it could be that $19 is going toward it.

these phone companies are clever, and I suspect you're paying a lot more for that S6 than $96.

08-03-2015 05:53 AM
    I understand that it's an additional $4 per month. what is that in addition to though?

for instance, if your total bill was $45 per month and now it's $49 per month, well that could mean $15 of that $45 was going towards whatever phone you previously had. now it could be that $19 is going toward it.

these phone companies are clever, and I suspect you're paying a lot more for that S6 than $96.

But all contracts cost the exact same price regardless of which phone you go with except for that $4. I could be paying $135 a month for my S6 or $135 a month for a cheaper phone". Either way a phone is a bit more expected to be paid for than an app which is why I wanted people's opinions
    08-03-2015 06:20 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hlci5wcmltZSJd

You have probably already seen this link. I guess the issue is if the features are worth the price to you. If Nova is working well for you, then stick with it and don't upgrade to Nova Prime. Given your situation, I can see why you wanted to get opinions. Here in the US, the carriers have different ways of pricing devices and some will pay full retail instead of upgrading via two year extensions or installment plans over 24 or 36 months.
    08-03-2015 06:35 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.launcher

This link has the descriptions of both Nova and Nova Prime features. Don't know why they aren't on both. It would help in deciding to upgrade as well.
    08-03-2015 07:06 AM
    But all contracts cost the exact same price regardless of which phone you go with except for that $4. I could be paying $135 a month for my S6 or $135 a month for a cheaper phone". Either way a phone is a bit more expected to be paid for than an app which is why I wanted people's opinions
    gotcha, as JCP pointed out things are a bit different in the US so that's my misunderstanding. as per your original question, I use nova prime on my S4 and think it's worth every penny. I've used action launcher and tried others, but always come back to nova. personally, I like keeping my phone looking like stock, and it definitely makes TW manageable. I would imagine even more so on the S6 since TW is much more toned down. good luck!

08-03-2015 08:01 AM
    Been thinking about upgrading and paying the additional $4.99. Is that a one time fee?

~Blessed From My Note 4~
    08-03-2015 08:17 AM
    Been thinking about upgrading and paying the additional $4.99. Is that a one time fee?

~Blessed From My Note 4~
    I believe that it is, yes.

08-03-2015 10:10 AM

~Blessed From My Note 4~
    Yep one time. I bought it back in the day and still get the benefits today .
    Rometheus likes this.
    08-03-2015 10:43 AM
    Here are some tips

1. Icon Pack get 'Glim'
    2. Gestures are the best feature, set it up so it makes sense to you. I have double swipe down for app draw and double tap for Google search, this allowed me to remove the search bar and the app draw button.
    3. Download Tesla unread and activate it in Nova.
    4. Turn off icon app names

dreaming of electric sheep
    msm0511 and deeb215 like this.
    08-03-2015 05:33 PM
101 1234 ...