08-23-2015 06:30 PM
101 12345
tools
    Here are some tips

1. Icon Pack get 'Glim'
    2. Gestures are the best feature, set it up so it makes sense to you. I have double swipe down for app draw and double tap for Google search, this allowed me to remove the search bar and the app draw button.
    3. Download Tesla unread and activate it in Nova.
    4. Turn off icon app names

dreaming of electric sheep
    I've been looking at icon packs. I think I wanna try Rondo.
    I haven't set up any of the gesture features yet.
    Do you know if the tesla unread badges work for Textra?
    I had the icon app names turned off in Sense, but haven't done it in Nova yet until I get them organized again. It's kinda driving me crazy not having my app drawer organized into folders like I used to have them. Just haven't had the time yet.
    08-03-2015 05:39 PM
    Do you know if the tesla unread badges work for Textra?
    Working fine here.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-03-2015 06:04 PM
    Rency icon pack is my current favorite. It is fairly new so there are limited icons but they are slowly adding.
    08-03-2015 07:44 PM
    Ok I took the plunge and got prime. So far my favorite features are ability to change icon size, additional transitions, gestures (swipe down for notification window...win!) And badges. Very cool, although I didn't hate TW this definitely better.

Where do you get these icon packs everyone speaks of? Don't see an option in settings. And hypothetically if I want to go back to TW temporarily how do l do it? Already set home button as Nova always.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2015 07:51 PM
    Search the Google Play store for icon pack and you are bound to find something. There are lots of them so be prepared for marathon window shopping.
    08-03-2015 08:04 PM
    Ok I took the plunge and got prime. So far my favorite features are ability to change icon size, additional transitions, gestures (swipe down for notification window...win!) And badges. Very cool, although I didn't hate TW this definitely better.

Where do you get these icon packs everyone speaks of? Don't see an option in settings. And hypothetically if I want to go back to TW temporarily how do l do it? Already set home button as Nova always.

^^What he said.

For going back to TouchWiz go to Nova settings and you have Select Home option, there you select the one you want.
    chezm likes this.
    08-03-2015 08:10 PM
    Where do you get these icon packs everyone speaks of? Don't see an option in settings.
    You can download scores of them from the Play Store. Many have free versions, others are paid -- just double check that they're compatible with Nova, which most are. You install them separately, and after doing so you'll have the option change between packs under Look & feel in Nova's settings:

Is it worth the cost: Nova Prime-icons.png

Popular packs include Moonshine, Rondo, Cryten, Adastra and the like. Rotox is my standby. (Screenshot)

I sometimes use Phonearena's Best new icons pack for Android to track new releases, there are tons of decent packs featured in their ongoing series, with lots of pictures.

And hypothetically if I want to go back to TW temporarily how do l do it? Already set home button as Nova always.
    You can change the default home back to TW at any time at the bottom of the Nova settings menu (Select default home).
    deeb215 and chezm like this.
    08-03-2015 08:18 PM
    You can download scores of them from the Play Store. Many have free versions, others are paid -- just double check that they're compatible with Nova, which most are. You install them separately, and after doing so you'll have the option change between packs under Look & feel in Nova's settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icons.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	189876

Popular packs include Moonshine, Rondo, Cryten, Adastra and the like. Rotox is my standby. (Screenshot)

I sometimes use Phonearena's Best new icons pack for Android to track new releases, there are tons of decent packs featured in their ongoing series, with lots of pictures.

You can change the default home back to TW at any time at the bottom of the Nova settings menu (Select default home).
    Those Rotox icons are nice. I hadn't seen those in the Play Store yet.
    Saros likes this.
    08-03-2015 08:28 PM
    Those Rotox icons are nice. I hadn't seen those in the Play Store yet.
    Yes, some really nice wallpapers are included with the pack also.
    08-03-2015 08:36 PM
    Here are some tips

1. Icon Pack get 'Glim'
    2. Gestures are the best feature, set it up so it makes sense to you. I have double swipe down for app draw and double tap for Google search, this allowed me to remove the search bar and the app draw button.
    3. Download Tesla unread and activate it in Nova.
    4. Turn off icon app names

dreaming of electric sheep
    Get the paid version of Glim. stealthychief icon packs are different as are gseth icon packs, try a lot of different icon packs. Look for ones that have been updated recently and are updated often. Don't be afraid to request icons. Look for ones that handle unthemed icons well and that have a good number of icons. Most of my icon packs are paid ones.

One great thing about Nova is that you can also increase the homescreens and the dock icon size to 110% to 115%.
    deeb215 likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:20 PM
    Durgon icon pack...no notification bar on home screen but remains on lock screen. Cleaner that way...1 home screen and 5 dock pages. Nova is very customizable and Fast!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek and deeb215 like this.
    08-03-2015 09:28 PM
    Ok, I officially love Nova Prime...thanks to all with your input and encouragement to give it a shot.

Almeuit, Saros and BioFanatic like this.
    08-04-2015 08:28 AM
    Ok, I officially love Nova Prime...thanks to all with your input and encouragement to give it a shot.

Sounds great. I name my backups by the name of the icon pack. You can switch between the backups and TouchWiz.

08-04-2015 01:40 PM
    Another way to switch back to touch wiz: goto Phone Settings->Applications->Default Applications. You can then select the default home app.

--
    Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?
    08-04-2015 06:46 PM
    Yeah I had paid for Nova a while back, but moved permanent now to Google Now Launcher.

Love having the left pane as the Google Now cards.
    08-04-2015 07:00 PM
    Durgon icon pack...no notification bar on home screen but remains on lock screen. Cleaner that way...1 home screen and 5 dock pages. Nova is very customizable and Fast! https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...d17fe46120.jpg

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
    What kind of clock widget?

08-04-2015 07:26 PM
    Or if you wanted to switch back to TouchWiz every now and then, get a app made by the people who made nova launcher called homesmack and u can easily switch between any launcher installed.
    deeb215 likes this.
    08-04-2015 08:37 PM
    Digi Clock Widget from Play Store
    08-05-2015 01:04 PM
    Am I correct in thinking that Nova can't do anything with the lock screen? And also, I'm pretty sure I have to root to get the lollipop style navigation keys, right?
    08-05-2015 07:25 PM
    Thanks bud!

08-05-2015 07:26 PM
    I'm back to Touchwiz after having to factory reset my phone yesterday. It's incredible having notifications again for Facebook with numbers appearing above the app when notifications come through. I might stick with Touchwiz again for a while
    08-07-2015 09:35 PM
    I'm back to Touchwiz after having to factory reset my phone yesterday. It's incredible having notifications again for Facebook with numbers appearing above the app when notifications come through. I might stick with Touchwiz again for a while
    My Nova/Tesla Unread combo shows me the number of notifications of Facebook just fine, so yours is not? Do what I suggested you in the other thread and see if it gets better, and reading this I'll also add to clear cache and data for the Tesla app.
    08-08-2015 08:31 AM

Let's us know which icons packs you try out and which is your favorite. Post screen shots of your homepage and app drawer with the icon packs installed.
    Glad the community could help!!

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    08-09-2015 12:39 PM
    Let's us know which icons packs you try out and which is your favorite. Post screen shots of your homepage and app drawer with the icon packs installed.
    Glad the community could help!!

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    I have not went ahead with downloading and trying any additional icon packs...I previewed some pictures from Google play but none seemed as nice as the lollipop icon set which is what I am using and love...here's a screenshot of my home.

Attached Thumbnails Is it worth the cost: Nova Prime-4001.jpg  
    08-09-2015 06:39 PM
    100% yes.
    08-09-2015 07:03 PM
101 12345